Minkata Shard Update Friday August 17, 8pm US/Mountain

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Minkata Shard Update Friday August 17, 8pm US/Mountain

Post by rarified »

It's long overdue. We've now built an new game client with a plethora of outstanding fixes, and I'm tentatively scheduling the update on Minkata for 8pm tomorrow.

The aggregated list of comments on changes incorporated in this build can be found here. I'll try to distill out the headlines and attribution for the post-update announcement.

As always, please file bugs you encounter after the update with either the Help Desk or with the JIRA bugtracker.

Thanks!
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Treehugger

Re: Minkata Shard Update Friday August 17, 8pm US/Mountain

Post by Treehugger »

great work! Looking forward to testing!

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

Thanks rarified! Unfortunately I am very busy this weekend and won’t be able to assist with release notes, testing etc.

The list in the Jenkins link you gave is not a complete list of changes compared to the last Minkata update – it is merely the last merge, the “improved cursors” pull request. A complete list is in this post, from “Free the cursor” until “Correct an invalid GZGlass state”. Or maybe from the top, since the first four items, while already on Minkata, have never been formally announced as far as I remember. See also the FishEye graphs: CWE and MOULSCRIPT.
rarified

Post by rarified »

The Minkata shard has been updated to build 60, with most of the changes Christian mentions incorporated.

The scripting changes (related to the GZGlass state and the broken share symbol in Sharper's linking book) did not make it in tonight; I had some troubles building the appropriate file for the game server tonight. Must be tired. I'll work on that tomorrow.

I'll append a detailed release note posting here tomorrow after I solve the script problem.

Thanks!
_R
janaba

Post by janaba »

I just loaded the update and I am impressed by the shiny cursors and even all written text,
in the KI, the players list to the left and the written chat text is more brilliant and shiny ...
One can also see the cursor on a light background or against a shiny sun or symbol ... :D

What I also love is the freedom of movement for the cursor in windowed mode ...
I never had or realized an 'improperly calculated window size in initial Windowed mode'
as explained in the description ...

I've been visiting five neighborhoods for the GZGlass and I found three different designs
available to randomly be assigned ... The share symbol in Sharper's Office linking book is
still there, up there and down in the fish tank, as you've mentioned already ... :)
Ehren

Post by Ehren »

I don't know about the shard, but in the MOULa server, the share symbol for the Sharper's Office fish tank book is not broken at all.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

I am extremely glad to have a more benevolent windowed mode that's not imperiously grabby. I do have a usability suggestion here that the Windows cursor begin outside the Uru image draw area and not just outside the window itself. The Windows cursor should appear in the title bar and border area. No cursor - Uru or Windows - appears there now - at least under Windows 7 DirectX 11. If this is not already a comment somewhere on JIRA or Bitbucket, I'll get there when I can. I would list it as a bug.
Perfect speed is being there.
rarified

Post by rarified »

I located and fixed the problem with the script updates. Minkata is now fully updated to build 60.
The share symbol on Sharper's book should be gone, and the GZglass display changes should be present now.

Release notes coming soon.

_R
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

The share symbol has indeed gone from the book in the fish tank but the book in the office still has a share symbol which seems to work - as far as a single avvie can test.

Looking forward to the release notes for testers, as I'm not sure what I'm meant to be testing - the list of changes isn't user-friendly enough for non-tecchies like me!

(Treehugger in Minkata)
janaba

Post by janaba »

Correct, the fish tank's share symbol is gone, the one in Sharper's office above is still
there and can be activated (got the share cursor) ... :P

I wanted already ask you to just copy and paste Christians list here lol as I liked the
descriptive links coming along with its items, but if others cannot handle them you'll
have to reword and list them again, rarified ... :)

It'd be great if you'd provide the links to the pull-request descriptions though as it
isn't always entirely obvious what is meant to be tested just by a single line, maybe
something like 'Free the cursor' or something like that lol, sounds really great, but
withouth the description I wouldn't have thought myself of freedom of movement
in windowed mode ... Yeah, just sayin' ... :D

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”