Minkata Shard Update Friday August 17, 8pm US/Mountain

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

ghaelen

Re: Minkata Shard Update Friday August 17, 8pm US/Mountain

Post by ghaelen »

Mac_Fife wrote:You need to make sure that your MOULa installation is fully up-to-date before copying files across to Minkata: Delete the tos.txt file in your MOULa installation folder and then start MOULa - Allow it to check and update your game files (you should see an update/download of some sort occur although it may be quite small). Once you get to the login window you can quit and then copy the MOULa dat folder over to your Minkata installation.
I will try it again. Thanks!
".... those things that are conceived in compassion are going to work....
.... those things that are conceived in unity are going to work...."

~Ancient Healer (maybe D'ni)

Moula3.2 KI #64299
OU Minkata KI #1504
Skoader

Post by Skoader »

I had a bit of spare time this weekend and was going to take a look at the cursor issues, but the source branch on bitbucket has been deleted.
Can the pull request even be accepted now seeing as there is nowhere to pull from?
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

Good question. I don’t know. The “Accept and merge” button is still there, but I don’t know what it would do – I suppose it could be nothing, since the pull request page doesn’t show any commits anymore.

Nothing is lost in terms of commits though, as the window-cursor branch is also in the CWE-ou-minkata repository now: current head here.

Lyrositor, was there a specific reason why you stripped these commits?
Lyrositor

Post by Lyrositor »

Hmm... I don't remember. Sorry. :oops:
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
To D'ni, or not to D'ni. There is no question.
Christian Walther

Catching up on a few things here… in case anyone is still interested… :?
janaba wrote:even all written text, in the KI, the players list to the left and the written chat text is more brilliant and shiny ...
Your memory must have been playing tricks on you – there has been no change to the text. I once started work on giving the player list and chat text the same treatment (slight shadow so you can see it better on light or busy backgrounds, and fix the irregular dark edges), but it’s not near completion.
Annabelle wrote:I conduct a little survey in neighborhoods for the GZ glasses:

DRC(1) - default glass
DRC(2) - spikes glass (my neighborhood)
DRC(16) - round-shaped glass (my favorite)
OpenUru.org - default glass
angelmyst - default glass
D'Lanor 2.0 - default glass
TOOO - default glass
Scarchu - spikes glass (I was the first visitor ever in that neighborhood so my name will stick there forever ;) )

Ok so looking at this sample above, I see that some old neighborhoods like DRC(2) which was created real early in Minkata shard's history has been assigned a new glass for the GZ. Is that telling us that on MOULa, when the changes will be moved there, we will see old neighborhood assigned with new glasses? I suspect it's a random thing so we won't know which neighborhood will get what GZ glass, right?
As far as I understand (and I would appreciate someone else with some knowledge about the vault confirming or disproving that), nothing at all will change on MOULa when this change is implemented there. Existing neighborhoods should keep their previous glass style, and new neighborhoods will continue to always get style 1. It’s not an issue of the code (the thing fixed in this contribution was unrelated), but an issue of server configuration – the server is simply set to give every neighborhood the same style rather than having them randomized. I don’t know if that was intended or not. Technical details here. Therefore, if I’m right, the way to change that goes through support.cyanworlds.com, not through OpenUru.org.

If the update changed the glass styles of existing neighborhoods on Minkata, then Minkata must have been misconfigured in a different way – the one that is now treated correctly, but wasn’t before.
Christian Walther

There is now a wiki page with (hopefully) more user-readable testing instructions: Minkata Shard: Contributions under Test.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Thanks, Christian! Much appreciated.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
janaba

Post by janaba »

Wow!!! Awesome job and service ... Thanks a lot, Christian and whoever contributed or will add to this ... :D

Haha ... and Christian, I suppose I was sooo excited that everything appeared more brilliant and shiny
to me, so, it was probably a reflection of myself I was seeing lol ... :lol:

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”