How about create direct download link to Minkata Test Shard?

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Annabelle

How about create direct download link to Minkata Test Shard?

Post by Annabelle »

I have to redownload the patcher for Minkata Test Shard.

I'm annoyed because I only go in circles between... create an account... I have 2 already ... submit a ticket... not really, I mean I just need a direct link etc. I had to delete everything and restart from scratch meaning I don't have anymore the patcher.
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
Lyrositor

Re: How about create direct download link to Minkata Test Sh

Post by Lyrositor »

I must admit this is a point which I feel isn't particularly clear; the only link I have found is the one obtained after registering, with the only way towards it being registration. Here is the link: http://foundry.openuru.org/forms/download.php
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
To D'ni, or not to D'ni. There is no question.
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Thank you Lyrositor :D

It's like a dog running after his tail to bite it :lol: I didn't see the end of the tunnel. I reinstalled everything else: MOULa, TOC MOUL, Gehn, Fun House Client, Skydiving Client, MarkerEditor Client, "name it" client ;) all except Minkata
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

We deliberately did not provide a direct download link - The reasons behind this decision were threefold, as I recall:
1) The target location coming out of the Jenkins builds would vary each time a build was run, so the link destination would change with every build. I think the process has been modified so that the new builds are now moved to a common location, so maybe that's no longer a valid reason.
2) We wanted to ensure that every new user was given the installation instructions (most importantly including the bit about copying the files from MOULa) and that was accomplished by making sure that new users went through the account creation process before being given the download link.
3) It also stopped Bots from finding the link and hammering it, impacting rarified's bandwidth (I've been finding a few badly behaved web bots in recent months that have been doing just that).

We've provided the link to the download page to anyone who asked via the support ticket system or PMs - there have only been two or three cases that I'm aware of. I'd need to check (because I don't have the website code in front of me) but I think the link to the download page is also included in the account confirmation email which you're asked to retain, but I could be wrong about that.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
janaba

Post by janaba »

Mac_Fife wrote:... I think the link to the download page is also included in the account
confirmation email which you're asked to retain, but I could be wrong about that.
No, you're right, Mac, it is included in that confirmation, maybe not everybody will
keep it expecting to need it at any time in the future ... :D
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

How could I know that I would do a wipe out of my system instead of a little clean up...

No wonder I declined the offer of checking my vault ;) I'm dangerous.

Maybe I kept that info in my emails. I didn't check that. Anyway, I'm back without too much injuries. It will take some time to be back in business though...

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”