Payiferin -- There's something in there??!!

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

calroger

Payiferin -- There's something in there??!!

Post by calroger »

This is not a bug. At least I don't think so.
Spoiler
I was on the lower level of Payiferen standing in front of the big switch facing the ladder waiting for the journey portal to appear. During my wait of about 15 minutes, I saw several vague shadows pass over the floor. I think that's normal. However, while waiting, I saw something on or under the floor. It was like something blinking on and/or off in several of the holes in the floor grating. It may be the real time rendering of the floor or there may be critters/bugs lurking down there.
If anyone else has noticed this, let me know. No big investigation is necessary. However, next time you go there you might want to take a can of bug spray and a stick!

Cal
Mac_Fife

Re: Payiferin -- There's something in there??!!

Post by Mac_Fife »

It'd be good if you had a screenshot to share of what you saw, but...
Spoiler
...Could it be you were seeing the result of the shafts of light from the window passing through the grating of the floor above and giving speckled illumination on the bottom floor? You did say it was during the time leading up to the portal's appearance, when those shafts of light are moving across the floor.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
calroger

Post by calroger »

There was no time for a screenshot. The observed anomalies only lasted about a half second. I suspect it was an anomaly in the animation code. I could probably reproduce it but not long enough for a screen capture. I don't think there is any need to investigate the occurrence.

Cal
calroger

Post by calroger »

Mac_Fife wrote:It'd be good if you had a screenshot to share of what you saw, but...
Spoiler
...Could it be you were seeing the result of the shafts of light from the window passing through the grating of the floor above and giving speckled illumination on the bottom floor? You did say it was during the time leading up to the portal's appearance, when those shafts of light are moving across the floor.
It was shadows that I observed moving, not shafts of light however it might be related.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”