Minkata Shard Update Saturday October 6, 2012

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Minkata Shard Update Saturday October 6, 2012

Post by rarified »

Another small fix for the windows cursor tracking has been applied to Minkata. See here

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
JWPlatt

Re: Minkata Shard Update Saturday October 6, 2012

Post by JWPlatt »

All my old complaints about the cursor are gone. Awesome! I'd prefer that the Restore control not even appear, rather than simply be disabled. But it's a nit and not a blocker.

I have a new, well, nit. Not a blocker by any means.

Steps to repro:

1. Move cursor to right side of window (for example) until it changes to a turn cursor.
2. Click and hold to make the avatar turn.
3. While holding down the mouse button, move the cursor out of the client window.
4. The avatar continues to turn.
5. Simply moving the mouse cursor back inside the client window halts the behavior.
6. Any mouse click action inside or outside the client window seems to also halt the behavior.

I can do similar things while walking in forward or reverse.
Perfect speed is being there.
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

JWPlatt wrote:I'd prefer that the Restore control not even appear, rather than simply be disabled.
I don’t think there’s a way to do that. Graying it out just seems to be what Windows does when we tell it we don’t want a maximize box.
JWPlatt wrote:
3. While holding down the mouse button, move the cursor out of the client window.
4. The avatar continues to turn.
Confirmed, thanks. I have more important things to allocate my time to, but if anyone wants to change that, go ahead.
janaba

Post by janaba »

Haha, sweet, Christian ... I think we can use this behavior as a new dance emote lol ... so, then we have the Ctrl+4 dance
emote, strafe right and left for jigs and now we have the turn-around emote for waltz and contemplative dance etc. lol ... :mrgreen:

While I'm writing this, I can easily switch from Minkata to here and speak with 'Sut' being there ... Everything seems to work
exactly as it should --> "clicking outside the game window behaves as Windows normally does, also when returning to the game
window" ... I also cannot resize the window anymore AND I have my bottom bars back ... /cheer ... Great job all ... :D
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

Confirmed, but isn't this the expected behavior? At least it is what I would expect from a game running in a window.

This new autorun feature is actually a great bonus. I know people who will love it.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Christian Walther wrote:
JWPlatt wrote:I'd prefer that the Restore control not even appear, rather than simply be disabled.
I don’t think there’s a way to do that. Graying it out just seems to be what Windows does when we tell it we don’t want a maximize box.
Just FYI to get back to you on this and not asking for a change - I believe the maximize and minimize boxes always appear as a pair if either one is enabled. They should both disappear if both are disabled, leaving the exit box alone. I think folks might like the minimize box, so maybe not throw out the baby with the bathwater. ;)
Perfect speed is being there.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”