Minkata Shard Update Saturday October 13, 2012

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

JWPlatt

Re: Minkata Shard Update Saturday October 13, 2012

Post by JWPlatt »

I put the WiggleFly report on the wiki page. Sorry Tai', it seems not quite dignified enough for MOULa. Maybe if it does a pirouette... ;)
Perfect speed is being there.
janaba

Post by janaba »

The flying is really funny, it even just worked in the control room in Er'cana ... :mrgreen:

Since Tai brought my Ahnonays through to Misty Ahnonay I could happily move on and
safely land in Space Ahnonay ... /cheer ... :D

So, it seems the problem is reduced to the Water Ahnonay and the quabs ... /shrug ...
Another remaining issue is still the reltoing out when linking to a completed Ahnonay ...

Wishing you much luck with all of this further on ... :)
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

JWPlatt wrote:I put the WiggleFly report on the wiki page. Sorry Tai', it seems not quite dignified enough for MOULa. Maybe if it does a pirouette... ;)
Well, I'm sure it will be very low on the priority list. Anyhoo, I'm not the one who'll have to answer to the skydivers when they discover it and then lose it. :P

Yesterday's Age Gathering was lots of fun. Thanks to everyone who participated and did their best to try to break things: Janeerah, TOOO, radioflux, TCB The Scar, Ehren, Christian Walther, Janaba, EthanEver, Emor D'ni Lap, MichelleMarquise, Sautaillet, JTea. Everyone went to my Relto to try out the kickables; then, we did three door runs (thanks for calling the door, Christian); then, we went to my Er'cana, rode the harvester, played in the control room & tanks (apologies for trapping you in the hatch, Christian), and then the oven room (apologies for dropping you off the elevator, Christian). :oops:

There seemed to be an issue with touching the cloth in Tsogahl & Delin in which I had to touch it twice before my avatar would animate and touch it. Did anyone else notice anything like that? Wonder if we should hold a special door run event to test this.

Although some strange things happened in Er'cana, too, I think most of that can be chalked up to having a dozen avatars moving around and playing with things all at the same time. :lol:

Thanks again, everyone. I had a great time and I hope we'll have another event like this before this testing period is over. :)
janaba

Post by janaba »

Agreed ... as of the event, which I commented similar to you here already on the MOUL forums ... :D
Tai'lahr wrote:There seemed to be an issue with touching the cloth in Tsogahl & Delin in which I had to touch it twice
before my avatar would animate and touch it. Did anyone else notice anything like that? Wonder if we should
hold a special door run event to test this.
As far as I can remember it has always been like this, having to touch the cloth twice, maybe it's not
always like this, but most of the times I believe, for me at least, but I could be wrong ... :)
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I've certainly seen some other people comment in the past on needing to touch the cloths twice in Delin and Tsogahl; that was probably back at least as far as when MOULa opened. However, I don't remember it ever being something that I found I needed to do, so I don't think it's a universal problem.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

Well, I guess it's just new to me because of my new system - just like the flashing textures in Tetsonot and the improved graphics in Minkata that prevent me from solving it with my "nightvision." ;)
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

Clickables have funny server side handling that can delay the actual action.... I'm not very surprised to hear this.
janaba

Post by janaba »

Had just fun editing the Wiki page a bit ... Will add the rest tomorrow or Monday unless someone
else fills in more test results ... :D
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

If someone can add this to the wiki for me: in the neighbourhood I kicked everything there was to kick - cones, fire marbles, ball and pumpkins. They all worked well BUT, to be picky, I thought that the biggest pumpkin acted as though it was a beach ball - it seemed too light and bouncy compared to kicking a real pumpkin :lol: . Couldn't check with MOULa or Gehn because they didn't have them enabled.

I can confirm that the jumps in Gahreesen from the rotating platforms to the rock in the middle and down to the portal worked well.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
janaba

Post by janaba »

Done, Treehugger ... :P

In general, I thought, to make those test results more definite, I wondered how to add simple confirmation,
and I hope you're all ok with the way I've decided to do it ... any differing experiences get a new line anyway ... :D

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”