Minkata Shard Update Tuesday October 23, 2012 [Minkata.66]

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

D'Lanor

Re: Minkata Shard Update Tuesday October 23, 2012 [Minkata.6

Post by D'Lanor »

Ehren wrote:
Annabelle wrote:Pffff

I successfully enjoyed 1... 1 wiggly flying just 2 minutes before the "evil" update of tonight :lol: :lol: It will remind in my memories, found ones ;)
This glitch was not fixed with this update, you can still do it, even now.
As expected. It wasn't mentioned as being fixed: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=680&start=189
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Lyrositor wrote:
Annabelle wrote:Pffff

I successfully enjoyed 1... 1 wiggly flying just 2 minutes before the "evil" update of tonight :lol: :lol: It will remind in my memories, found ones ;)
Remember that with open-source, you can select what updates you want to keep and which ones you don't. ;)
Just keep in mind that the point of the Minkata shard is to test the code that's in the client we distribute. Using any other client could invalidate that testing. If you feel the need to use an alternate client (and I can see there may be cases where it might be more productive to do so), then we'd appreciate it if you make that clear in any tickets or bug reports you make. Other shards will have their own angle on this.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I've created a new wiki page to collect fresh results for the physics testing following last nights update: PhysX Update Testing (Minkata.66)

The previous one has been moved to PhysX Update Testing (Minkata.65). Please don't update this old version, but use it for reference only. Thanks.
Mac_Fife
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

the Ahnonay bug is fixed. I was able to get to the shell portal and when I linked, I got the same "undignified" waggle back and forth as I got in Er'cana - which still happens, I just checked that too.

So, now that you can get to both Bahro caves, you can use wagglefly to float from the lower Bahro cave to the upper one through the hole in the ceiling/floor! I just did it! Such fun! :lol:

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Yeah, but going in the other direction between caves would maybe be a more useful exploit ;)
Mac_Fife
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

The exploitation possibilities of waggle fly seem to be limited. There is usually a penalty involved in the form of a panic link.

I believe waggle fly mode is regarded by the game as free fall. You are only allowed so much time in free fall. If you don't hit a panic link region before the time-out a panic link sets in automatically. So if you have spent more than the allowed time in waggle fly mode this automatic panic link is triggered as soon as you close your KI and start to fall. At least that is what I think is happening here.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Mac_Fife wrote:Yeah, but going in the other direction between caves would maybe be a more useful exploit ;)

yes, "wagglefall" would be nice to have, as well as "wagglefly" - maybe we already have it, if only we knew the right combination of keys :mrgreen: .

(Treehugger in Minkata)
janaba

Post by janaba »

JWPlatt wrote:
rarified wrote:Not more than two minutes after the update went live, my ISP decided I don't need connectivity any more.
I blame solar flares.
Yep, and more is to be expected and underway, so, don't be surprised ... :P

I'll soon start my next journey through the Uru wonderlands and can't wait to see what has been fixed already ... :mrgreen:

It is great to have a new Wiki ready, Mac ... I was already pondering how to update that list in a distinguishable way ... :D
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

Hmm. OK, new show stopper here... I am unable to enter the Vogondola chair in Ahnonay. The chair descends without me and then I panic link.

Edit: Video here
janaba

Post by janaba »

I can confirm that I just safely landed in my old completed Ahnonay ... through the picture in the 4th Sphere
and through the cloth at my last cloth, where I've tried to take the vogondola chair like D'Lanor did and I've
experienced almost the same, that's why I didn't take pictures as you have D'Lanor's great video evidence ... :mrgreen:

The only difference is that I saw me going down with the chair but then the avi was gone, the chair went
down without me and after a few seconds I was reltoed out ... :)

AND ... I afterwards I logged in with my new janaba3 avi, which still has only Ahnonay available, will do the
whole journey again after my post here, AND I linked to Ahnonay, found all quabs waiting to be pushed into
the waters AND the spheres turned when linking to Ahnonay Cathedral and I could happily link to Misty Ahnonay
from there ... /cheer ... :D

Edit: I just tested the stuckness in Er'cana and I can say that it is gone ... wait ... I just tested it again with another
avi to be sure and I can walk freely without interruption at the base of stairs and on ledges and in front of the elevator ... :P

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”