Minkata Shard Update Fri October 26 [Minkata.68]

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Minkata Shard Update Fri October 26 [Minkata.68]

Post by rarified »

We've got more bug fixes! Thanks, Skoader!

I'm going to update the game client and some scripts tonight at 7pm US/Mountain time. I shouldn't have to take the server down, but if I do it should only be for a couple of minutes.

This update should address most of the remaining avatar physics bugs that have been reported to date.

Unfortunately, it looks like wigglefly will go away with this update.

Look here for the announcement (and the PING! thread) after the update is completed.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Mac_Fife

Re: Minkata Shard Update Fri October 26 [Minkata.68]

Post by Mac_Fife »

Hesk is ready to accept tickets for the new client build as soon as it is released, and there's a fresh wiki page ready for recording new observations on the physics.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

So many updates, so many avatars to create, so many ages to run through over and over again, so many reports to file...

Don't forget about the Party! :D

Saturday, October 27th, D'niJ Ktahdn will start broadcasting no later than 13:00 KI time (he usually starts at least 15 minutes early so everyone can get the station tuned in) on Shoutcast at http://amberhorizons47.serverroom.us:5528/ (Long time listeners, please note the new address.)

Meet in the Hall of Kings. I don't know what time the judging for the Jalak Sculpture Contest and Conehenge Contest on Minkata will happen, but I believe it will happen early during the event, so if you want to submit an entry or participate in the judging, then make plans to be there when it begins.

Until then, keep up the good work, consider participating in the contests (I've seen the award; it's worth it), and remember that Marten will still be broadcasting at http://rel.to/martenmusic until the event begins.
rarified

Post by rarified »

The update is complete to Minkata.68. Details are available on this post.

Happy testing!

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Normal testing:

I tested the kickables in Teledahn - it's really working well.

I tested the chair ride in Ahnonay and I had no bug at all during it.

I tested the bumping locations in Er'cana and I never been stopped by one.

I tested the wigglefly and I can tell, it is over no more of that weird glitch.

I then decided to do some "skydiver testings"... hmm well :( :? :shock: :o 2 MAJOR ISSUES HERE...

Combo jumps... I would need some skydiver testers to confirm that COMBO JUMPING IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE :( :?

All the locations accessible with double jumps are fine as the double jumps aren't affected. There is no more combo jumping available though.

This isn't the end of the world. If the community wants the kickables to be kickable then you have it. We will have to play skydivers marker quests only on the skydiver client or be limited in which locations to reach. For example, in Ae'gura, forget about the Concert Hall light combo elevator or the Library Tent combo elevator. My quests already have workarounds to all start alternatively at "no combo" spots in Ae'gura, I don't think the vast majority of quest makers made that. All Ae'gura locations will still be accessible with the next client but will be way harder or longer EDIT: forget about one location: Kahlo's Pub Rooftop, it won't be anymore reachable normally since we need to zip line launched ourselves there and ... (read next paragraph).

Oh... If you never experienced or enjoy doing the zip line launch at the different locations available throughout URU: Great Stairs Lamp, Ae'gura Bridge, Kirel Seed/Classroom Balcony, Hood Seed/Classroom Balcony ... hurry up on MOULa because you will be deceive on Minkata: ZIP LINE LAUNCH IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE :( :?

Conclusion:
For normal URU gameplay, it seems well done
For skydiver gameplay, wait for the updated Skydiver client when the MOULa server will be updated ;)

NEW EDIT 1 hour later...:

How are we supposed to take KI shots? Is the F5 key has been replaced by something else because I'm unable to take any with my new Grr avatar created tonight?
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

I checked the shell portals using old avvies and the animations are back to normal - no more rocking back and forward. (I'll add this update to my original ticket).

I also created yet another new avvie, Salix, to check the cleft windmill animation that janaba spotted, and this was also normal.

So far so good.... :)

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

In space Ahnonay my new avvie Salix keeps failing to make the final jump to the pedestal. Driving me nuts! Will try with old avvies

Er'canca worked fine for Salix including the harvester, the rucksack, the previous sticking points and the shell portal.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Mirphak

Post by Mirphak »

Shorah,

I confirm all Annabelle has said about skydiving, combo jumping is a big loss.
The simple walk jump is varying. If the knees breaking works, the jump is longer.
This is not the case with run jump.
janaba

Post by janaba »

Great test runs are going on here already ... /clap ... :mrgreen:

I'm on my way in a few minutes too, and I hope I'll be able to confirm the elimination
of all bugs and glitches mentioned here and being prevalent before ... :D
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

Annabelle wrote:How are we supposed to take KI shots? Is the F5 key has been replaced by something else because I'm unable to take any with my new Grr avatar created tonight?
My F5 key works fine. Your new avatar did pick up a KI, right?

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”