Minkata Shard Update Fri October 26 [Minkata.68]

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Tai'lahr

Re: Minkata Shard Update Fri October 26 [Minkata.68]

Post by Tai'lahr »

Treehugger wrote:
Tai'lahr wrote:I've found a glitch that I'd like to ask other testers to check out. After swimming to the maintenance sphere and climbing up onto the platform there, after the avatar stands up, it does a little jump. I've tried it with different avatars, both before and since this last update and it happens consistently to me. I'd like to know if others have seen it; you might not have noticed it, so please check it out if you have time.
I went to check and yes, there's something going on there. At first, my new avvie Salix got into a loop of climbing out of the water and then dropping down into it again - this went on, and I couldn't get my relto book until I ctrl/alt/del-ed away and then came back. Next when she climbed out and stood at the end of the platform, she did a sort of twitch/jump - her arms went up and down but she didn't jump. But after several repeats I've also seen several instances of a more substantial jump, Tai'lahr, where she moves forward too, as you describe.

Have just tested Christian's "enter the water" factor: when she entered the water by walking backwards off the platform and then climbed back up, she did the arm wave only. When she walked, ran or ran-jumped off the platform and then climbed back up, she did the full "jump" - all three seemed to be identical.
I think you described it better than I did, Treehugger; that sounds exactly like what happened - the arms go up.
janaba

Post by janaba »

I cannot confirm that little extra jump, Tai'lahr, and I've done this with two different avatars today,
and I never experienced that before either ... I also don't have that extra jump when coming out of
the water on the island of Ahnonay ... :P

Yeah, I did my testing rounds today, I didn't complete the whole journey again lol, but did a lot of testing
again nonetheless, specifically the already known issues, and that's why we're all doing it after all, I can
say that for me at least, so that we can confirm that the immense efforts of our programmers are paying
off ... I am glad to confirm that this is so ... /cheer ... :mrgreen:

So, I can confirm, as Treehugger and D'Lanor have done already that the desert/windmill issue is resolved ...
The chair ride up and down in Ahnonay is working perfectly well as well and everything in Ahnonay in general
is working as it should (now on hold, waiting for completion with the pellet and a helper) ... I don't have the issue,
mentioned by Treehugger, not being able to do the final jump to the pedestral in Space Ahnonay ... works well for
me, I had to run through that sphere four times only today ... :)

The WiggleFly seems to be gone ... With a newly created avatar I could easily pass through the rotating wall
and into the gear wheel room in Gahreesen
... What else ... ahh, wait, have to go to see sth. ... Had to go
through that Ahnonay portal again, and there's no shuddering or juddering anymore ...

I think that is it so far, everything else I've experienced today worked great and comfortable as well ...
Will update the Wiki in a few minutes ... See ya all later on the Shard ... :D

AND Thank you again for the music, MARTEN ... :D
Lord Chaos

Post by Lord Chaos »

Leader music is on the air. Note the Amber Horizons address above.

Update: Music works fine. I can't get to Minkata, however. Uru Launcher fails to find a file near the end of the update process, and quits. It used to work...
janaba

Post by janaba »

Hello, LC, maybe you haven't updated your MOULa files and copied them over for a while,
and yes the music works fine, thank you ... :D
rarified

Post by rarified »

That most likely means that one or more files you previously copied from your MOULa installation to the Minkata folder are damaged or missing.

Go to the Minkata installation page and follow the instrutructions (again) to copy the MOULa files to your Minkata installation and try again. It should work after that.

_R

[join the #OpenURU chat if it still is failing, I'm at lunch but someone there should be able to help]
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Mirphak found a new glitch on Minkata.68 this morning :D .

I call it the "Jalak combo". You can do it from any spot even from the base of the columns. You do slow combos, very very slow, it's not hard at all, the friction is helping, all you need to remember is to not let go the forward key.

I was experiencing some friction in spots like Tsogal and Kemo helping some glitches and especially on the stalagmite in the courtyard, it's easy now. (Nothing is black or white, some things improve while some have disappeared...)
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Salix positioned her fish baskets in Eder Gira yesterday (by the way, she was again able to get round the side of the cave with her fireflies without using the baskets, but she didn't finish the age). Today when she returned, they baskets had moved. Not disappeared into the lava, as we've seen with Gehn - they were still in the right part of the game so she can move them back. I'll post a ticket.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

Treehugger wrote:Today when she returned, they baskets had moved.
I'd be interested to know just how far they'd moved. I've noticed that Eddie seems to be rolling on his own a lot. I've linked in to the hood several times to see him rolling as if someone had just pushed him, but I checked the visitor list and no one had been there recently.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Tai'lahr wrote:
Treehugger wrote:Today when she returned, they baskets had moved.
I'd be interested to know just how far they'd moved. I've noticed that Eddie seems to be rolling on his own a lot. I've linked in to the hood several times to see him rolling as if someone had just pushed him, but I checked the visitor list and no one had been there recently.

one basket was up against the "wishbone" over the stream that leads to the sparklie and the big waterfall. The other was against the rock wall to the left of the sparklie (the cave side not the linking book side).

To do an experiment, I've just put all the fish baskets in their proper places for all 5 of my avvies and will see if any of them move.

re Eddie, I noticed he was rolling in his prison when we all came to view your art work yesterday, Tai'lahr! Maybe he was pacing up and down, as prisoners do!

(Treehugger in Minkata)
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Check Eddie for feet. Think Dark Star.
Perfect speed is being there.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”