Minkata Shard Update Fri October 26 [Minkata.68]

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Tai'lahr

Re: Minkata Shard Update Fri October 26 [Minkata.68]

Post by Tai'lahr »

JWPlatt wrote:Check Eddie for feet.
Now, why would something that can roll need feet? To push off? :lol:
Treehugger wrote:re Eddie, I noticed he was rolling in his prison when we all came to view your art work yesterday, Tai'lahr! Maybe he was pacing up and down, as prisoners do!
Yeah, planning revenge on the pumpkin guards. ;) I noticed that, but didn't use it as an example because I think Eddie started out sitting next to a cone and there's the possibility that someone may have bumped the cone - not enough to move the cone, but enough to send Eddie rolling. Still, it's a good example of how sensitive his physics are.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Tai'lahr wrote:
JWPlatt wrote:Check Eddie for feet.
Now, why would something that can roll need feet? To push off? :lol:
Yep. And to tickle its jailers.
Perfect speed is being there.
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Can someone explain what happened in my Eder Gira (Annabelle-Sophie's)? I went there this morning and I saw that all the lights were close in the caves, the baskets were back in their initial states and the wooden door seems close (I can't see in that dark cave). Am I the only one that has her age resetted? See... I even went in the cave and found the light, the switch is non functionnal as if I never went there with fireflies. My cloth links me in absolute darkness of the cave when I use it in my red Gira book.

You might say... well did you solve that age in the first place? hmm yes because, how come I would be able to join my rainy cleft with the book I own on my bookshelf ;) ? It's "bug"ging me to have to redo the whole puzzle, it wasn't earlier as I was cheating with combos and... there's no combo anymore :(
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

Sounds like a ticket-worthy situation, Annabelle.
rarified

Post by rarified »

This sounds like there may be some trouble on the server side, Annabelle.

I'll spend some time looking through the logs to see if something relevant has happened that I can identify.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
janaba

Post by janaba »

I just looked through Eder Gira of four of my avies, and they all have their lights on still and
the baskets in their proper position, so, I could directly cross them with sparklies again ... :P

That doesn't mean that there didn't happen sth as of Treehugger's and Annabelle's report,
it must have, I just wanted to see if that issue applied to my Giras too, and it doesn't ... :)
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Thank you rarified for checking the logs. I'll wait for more info on this matter.
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

There was an issue (pre-public release of Minkata, I think) where some ages for some avatars would not retain their state between visits, e.g. returning to Relto to find the hut door closed, blinds down, etc. That was a persistent problem for the affected ages, i.e. it was always "reset" when you returned. That was a MOSS problem and has long since been fixed. However, it might be useful additional information to know if this is also a persistent problem: If you resolve the age (or at least part of it) does it now stay solved if you leave and then return or does it reset again?
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

All my Eder Giras are now behaving themselves, with fish baskets staying in place. And Salix did a Teledahn slave cave test, arranging all the kickables into position - they've not moved either.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

I didn't log back online since yesterday morning. I should be able to log maybe tonight maybe tomorrow. I will solve Gira again and see what will happen. It's odd since Gahreesen, Teledahn and Kadish were solved and stayed like that as well as Er'cana. Ahnonay, I can't tell because frankly :lol: :lol: I must have done the "keep the Ning Trees" trick the first time I solved the age because exploring Ahnonay I stumbled on my Ning Trees... speaking of which, I might have an little issue there too.

There seems to be a latency issue between the moment we trigger an animation sequence (like breaking a Ning Tree) and the animation taking place itself... See pictures, there's no trick, only me awaiting for Ning Tree break.

I experienced that for any animation there is: open a door, trigger a light switch, trigger a switch, touching a cloth, opening a door, etc...

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”