Today's Shard Party (Sat, Oct 27)

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Mac_Fife

Re: Today's Shard Party (Sat, Oct 27)

Post by Mac_Fife »

What is important is that you enjoyed being part of the event, even if you did not fully understand what was happening at times. You will always be welcome, Chiro :) .

BTW: For anyone that thought I was absent from yesterday's party, I wasn't - I was lurking in the background out-of-sight and doing some investigations of my own with a new avvie (and learned some things about sparklies that I never knew before). I was feeling a bit off-colour and not very "people friendly" so I just kept out of everyone's way. People who know my sense of humour might identify the avvie if they see the name on their 'hood list ;)
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Tai'lahr

Re: Today's Shard Party (Sat, Oct 27)

Post by Tai'lahr »

Chiro, I was thrilled to see you there! :D I see your difficulty with the English language as an opportunity. Since it creates challenges for both yourself and those who want to assist you, any time we can overcome it and get you where you want to be, it's an accomplishment both can be proud of. I hope and even presume that you share information about your experiences with the English-speaking community with the Japanese community. That strengthens the connection between the communities which is a good thing for MOULa. :) I commend you for your courage and persistence. :)

I'm so sorry you had difficulty keeping up with the crowd. Here are a few tips I learned back in the day when we used to chase down the DRC characters. First, make sure the key people are in your buddy list (for this event, it would have been myself, Christian Walther, rarified); then you can open your KI to see where they are. If the KI says "Hood," you won't know which one, so go to the Nexus and look at the Public Links list; you can click on "Population" to make the hoods line up in order of how many people are in them. Then, you can link into the one with the highest number. Also remember that if you ever have trouble finding the group, it's okay to contact the group leader and ask where they are. Hope that helps you for next time.

@Mac, did you actually join us at any time?

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”