Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Tai'lahr

Today's Shard Party (Sat, Oct 27)

Post by Tai'lahr »

Shard Party Today! :D

Saturday, October 27th, 13:00 to 16:00 KI time
Meet in the Hall of Kings.

Music broadcast by D'niJ Ktahdn on Shoutcast at http://amberhorizons47.serverroom.us:5528/
(Long time listeners, please note the new address & that you can also now access it via http://rel.to/ktdn)

Fallback communication channel: participants are encouraged to be on the OpenUru.org IRC channel http://rel.to/ou_irc
(If you crash, this is the best way to find out if it was just you or the whole shard. ;) )

Contests: If you have a creation to enter in the Jalak Sculpture Contest and Conehenge Contest on Minkata, please let Christian (KI #3032) know right away. The Conehenge judging tour will begin about 13:15 KI time. Once the tour is completed, everyone will PM their votes to Christian. One vote per person (not per avatar, for those who are present with multiple avatars); entrants are allowed to vote and may even vote for themselves. The same procedure will then be done for the Jalak Sculpture contest. Winners will be announced and awards handed out approximately 30 minutes later in the OpenUru.org Hood.

Keep an eye on this thread and this post in particular as I'll keep it updated with any new information as I get it.
Tai'lahr

Re: Today's Shard Party (Sat, Oct 27)

Post by Tai'lahr »

Ktahdn has begun broadcasting the leader music. :D
Marten

Post by Marten »

In case anyone is having trouble listening to KTDN's stream, here is some help.

VLC
  • The music stream is not working with VLC Player. Don't know why.

Windows Media Player
  • (1) You can play the stream if you press Ctrl-U and put the URL into the box that pops up.
  • (2) If you install http://openplsinwmp.codeplex.com/ first, you can use the "Listen" link on the stream webpage.
iTunes (several different ways)
  • Mac: Press Cmd-U and put the URL into the box that opens up
  • Mac or Windows: Open the "Advanced" menu, choose "Open Stream", and enter the URL into the box that opens up.
  • Windows: If you use the "Listen" link on the stream page, find the .PLS file that was saved, right-click it, and tell it to open in iTunes.
Haven't tried other players. If you use something else, let me know (with instructions on how you open a stream in your player of choice) and I'll update the list here.
The music is reversible, but time is not.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Hah! I should have checked here earlier - I've been prodding VLC with a pointy stick for at least 20 minutes now trying to get it to work :roll:
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Marten wrote:In case anyone is having trouble listening to KTDN's stream, here is some help.

VLC
  • The music stream is not working with VLC Player. Don't know why.

Haven't tried other players. If you use something else, let me know (with instructions on how you open a stream in your player of choice) and I'll update the list here.

Too late to be of use but realplayer worked for me.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Ehren

Post by Ehren »

I finally got a stable internet connection but the shard seems empty.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

what a shame you missed it. Thanks to all for the hard work and preparation. Salix enjoyed it, though for some reason she didn't get the Jalak invites. Congrats to the winners of both competitions. Christian, will you post the prize pics on the forum too?

(Treehugger in Minkata)
janaba

Post by janaba »

I'm sorry you've missed a bulk of the fun Ehren, and there was lots of fun to be had ... :P

We all contributed to and prepared this, Treehugger, Salix, Quercus et al lol, also you as our avid tester,
but nonetheless many thanks go to all who participated and contributed to this great event, esp. our diligent
backstage workers, which is our Skoader and all else laying the foundation to experience such fun ... And not
to forget, Marten and LC for your awesome music service ... :mrgreen:

Uglydog had some serious lag btw. that's why he didn't get all invitations out as desired, I got mine in the last
moment too lol ... However, here are the Jalak creations ...

This awesomeness is by Mr.Mouski alias J.Dador ... Christian sent it to me for the voting, I didn't get to see it that way
Spoiler
When I linked to his Jalak I only saw those two crystal cubes, like in old UU/Alcugs times, when you come in
later you don't see what others see ...
Spoiler
Unknowingly, I jumped to the other side to see if there's more to his creation as I really wanted to give good
credit to it lol, and when jumping on that column in front of myself to see if there'd be sth. more below, many
crystal cubes and stuff started tumbling down on me, I thought someone is throwing them on me as a joke and
I laughed, but that was it as it seemed, the creation was done ... :geek: ... :)
Spoiler
Ok, this one is Uglydog's beautiful creation, where I was more lucky ... :P
Spoiler
Here again are Tai'lahrs conehenge artworks 'Tai' and 'Rhaliat'
Spoiler
Rhaliat
Image[/img]
And this is rarified's artwork he intended to present ... I just added a few more cones and a pumpkin ... 8-)
Spoiler
Yeah, AND traraaa ... drum roll ... Here they are ... The rewards of our artists ...
Christian uploaded them to the imager of the DRC1 neighborhood btw. for all to admire ... Enjoy ... :D

The Jalak Sculpture Contest Winners 2012
Spoiler

The Conehenge Contest Winners 2012
Spoiler

Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

It was a great party. Thanks to our always wonderful D'niJ Ktahdn/Lord Chaos for the music, the puns and general entertainment (and to Ace for providing the Amber Horizons Shoutcast station). And, to Marten for providing the music to test by for days before (that was truly a wonderful experience). Thanks to Christian for coming up with the great contests and creating beautiful awards for the winners. And, to Mouski & Uglydog for participating in the Jalak contest. Thank you, Janaba for posting the pictures. (Btw, Tai & Rhaliat were the avatars used to create my sculptures, but they actually had titles, "Eddie's Prison" and "Fall Campfire," respectively.) (Also, btw, the reason I choose to make the first one on the balcony was to test the ability to get all the pieces up the stairs to the highest point. To my pleasant surprise, it was much easier than I expected.)

Thanks to Skoader for this major update to the physics, to all the testers for their extreme testing these past two weeks, to all the Help Desk people who read our tickets and the coders who used that information to make more fixes. I know there were a lot of people working on this and I don't want to list the ones I know about and leave out someone I don't know about - you know who you are; take a bow. We all earned this party, didn't we? :D
Chiro

Post by Chiro »

Thank you for letting you participate in a pleasant event. :D
Because I did not understand English very well, as for me, I was barely enough to follow all of you.
All of you did a so pleasant contest :!:
I am sorry that I was not able to chase the place. :cry:
I may trouble all of you without understanding English, but let me participate by all means if there is such an event again.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”