Minkata Shard Update Sunday, Nov 11, 2012 [Minkata.71]

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Treehugger

Re: Minkata Shard Update Sunday, Nov 11, 2012 [Minkata.71]

Post by Treehugger »

Still testing and haven't found any particular glitches. BUT has anyone else noted that, since the latest update, the "updating" phase of the launcher seems to take a lot longer? Or is it just my internet connection? Thought I'd flag it, in case it wasn't just me.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
janaba

Post by janaba »

Yep, you're right, takes a bit longer, Treehugger ... On MOULa the update phase is very much longer though,
on TOCMOUL as well, on the Gehn Shard it works very fast ... :P

What is very cool right now is that you can chat while dancing, but the dancing still stops when you open the
KI, whereas when you're sitting you can do everything without being interrupted in your relaxed posture ... :D
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

The KI is an action, like dancing, so it makes sense that you are either dancing or raising your arm to view your KI. If anything, we're missing an animation to use your KI while sitting.
Perfect speed is being there.
janaba

Post by janaba »

... /doh ... haha ... of course, makes sense, thank you, JWPlatt ... So, everything's working perfectly ... /cheer ... :D
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

sut wrote:Hi all I found a bug that I don't think was there in last build !( may of been there but I figured out a way to do it now ) you can jump across and collect the other half of doughnut from Ercana. you do a run jump and land on other side (after collecting the first half of doughnut), then carefully inch your way toward other symbol on wall when you start to fall click on symbol you will collect it !! :D
I tried to reproduce that, but couldn’t – may well have been my own ineptitude though, I didn’t try very hard. From where to where were you jumping exactly?
sut wrote:bug 2 ? I have had a few instances where i can't turn with my mouse all I do is walk forward straight , if i jump up then all works fine or use my arrow keys to turn . I have only had trouble with this in kadish, 3rd sphere in ahnonay I can't get this to happen all the time and have not figured out whats causing it. At first I thought my batteries were going week in mouse but when I switch to desktop all is working fine. has anybody else ran into this?
Right, that just happened to me twice too, while trying the above. The effect is similar to before this commit – you can look up and down with the mouse, but not sideways (but also while walking, not only while standing still). The first time, I was solving Er'cana and first noticed it in the Bahro cave, although it may have started earlier. The second time was on Relto after falling out of the same cave, it had still been working in the cave. It persisted until I logged out the avatar.
Treehugger wrote:has anyone else noted that, since the latest update, the "updating" phase of the launcher seems to take a lot longer? Or is it just my internet connection? Thought I'd flag it, in case it wasn't just me.
It feels a bit slower to me right now too. Unless the Python.pak file mistakenly got a lot bigger, it probably has nothing to do with the client update. Probably rather rarified’s internet connection.
rarified

Post by rarified »

Christian Walther wrote:
Treehugger wrote:has anyone else noted that, since the latest update, the "updating" phase of the launcher seems to take a lot longer? Or is it just my internet connection? Thought I'd flag it, in case it wasn't just me.
It feels a bit slower to me right now too. Unless the Python.pak file mistakenly got a lot bigger, it probably has nothing to do with the client update. Probably rather rarified’s internet connection.
Unless I made a mistake in building one of the manifests. There are two levels of manifests, and if one of them is improperly set up it can cause a full scan of the client's files on each startup. Ill look a little later today.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

Oh – now that I re-read Treehugger’s post, we may be talking about different things. I’m talking about the in-game “update” that downloads the Python and SDL files. The update check of the launcher is as zippy as ever for me, it is not doing any unexpected checks or downloads.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

sorry for not being clear. I mean the spinning circle stage, after login.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

I might give a try to sut's bug in the Bahro Cave. I might get some time tonight or tomorrow evening.
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

I had one go at the bahro cave leap. I got across to the other side of the cave but fell through the floor before I was near the symbol.

(Treehugger in Minkata)

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”