Minkata Shard Update Sunday, Nov 11, 2012 [Minkata.71]

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

sut

Re: Minkata Shard Update Sunday, Nov 11, 2012 [Minkata.71]

Post by sut »

LOL
I am trying to get the ahnonay side of the dough nut from the ercana side the (pictures show me on the ahnonay side) and when you link in from ercana you are facing the symbol so you go left,to the edge against wall . since I have not made it to the 4th sphere (cause there are not enough people on to help me turn sphere's ) and I don't have 2 computers to do it myself LOL PS I will make a game when I get through the dreaded calibration markers for the GZ Duh I guess I could use one of my other avies DUH
sut

Post by sut »

Ok I made a marker game for getting to otherside of cave if you want the game you can PM me here or in game! My Ki # is 111955 sut 8 or 14692 sut give me your KI # and i will send it to you
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

sut wrote:LOL
I am trying to get the ahnonay side of the dough nut from the ercana side the (pictures show me on the ahnonay side)
and you want me to take you seriously... :lol: ;) It's hard to tell from the picture so I secured myself: my avatar "New Grr" has a completed Er'cana and my avatar "Grr, she's back!" has a completed Ahnonay.

Ok you can send it to one of my 2 avatars: Annabelle or Annabelle-Sophie KIs are in signature, I will relay the quest to the "right" Grr :D

Thanks! I'll try it ASAP.
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Thx for your quest sut :D

You sent it to a real dummy LOL ;)

I logged with New Grr. I went to Er'cana and entered in the Bahro Cave. I saw that unfortunately, I didn't have access at playing quest. I had a "clever" idea. Why not use Annabelle instead? :lol: :oops:

I logged her and went to Er'cana, went in the cave.

1st Marker: welcome to doughnut collecting for dummies
Great, I made it to the right half.

2nd Marker: Grr center and RJ to next marker jump at right side of next marker
Grr ?!?! ah yes it was intended for Grr not for Annabelle

3rd Marker: center on marker do a walk jump to next marker
OK that wasn't hard

4th Marker: you should be able to collect it from here if not keep inching closer I don't have any way of telling if I have it
You know... I don't have any way either LOL

see why...

I should had thought of that issue :?

Anyway... it's not hard at all when you know where to aim at. I wasn't aiming that close on the wall. I was doing my RJ aiming at a spot more on the left side of that marker. Thx again for the quest!

Now, I will do markers (green and red) with New Grr to feel less dummy ;)
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
sut

Post by sut »

Great glad you "Finally" made it as you know after you collect both sides you don't get hot spot lol
Also FYI I made a game for it in MOUL, it can be done there also just different jumps (avies jump diff there )
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

I really like the weird animation sequence occuring... click on symbol, avatar falls to the starry expanse, ...hmm no, avatar reappears on top near the sign :lol: , avatar clicks on it, avatar slowly drops to the starry expanse.

Ah cool!!! Can you send it to Annabelle, the one with the green hat? Thx

I'm preparing you a little present (a quest to be made in Minkata to reach the unreachable side of Relto without combos) (BTW that's not my find, it was taught by me by Sirius long time ago. I enhanced it to make it easier)

P.S. dont rush in Minkata yet lol I'm preparing it.
Ehren

Post by Ehren »

Annabelle wrote:I really like the weird animation sequence occuring... click on symbol, avatar falls to the starry expanse, ...hmm no, avatar reappears on top near the sign :lol: , avatar clicks on it, avatar slowly drops to the starry expanse.
Similar to that sort of thing... it's possible to get the cloth on the high up ledge of Eder Gira without using the steam vent. You can't actually reach the ledge itself, you will hit it too low and fall. But you can get close enough to quickly hit the hotspot of the cloth before falling.

Once you hit the ground, the avatar will go crazy for a brief moment, since it can't reach the cloth. But after that you get warped up.

This glitch has existed in all versions of Uru, so it's not technically a relevant glitch, but I think it has the same type of issue as what you describe here

If you want a new challenge, try getting the highest Gira cloth without using the vents!
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

@ Ehren: I succeeded once to reach the high ledge in Gira by doing a double jump from the alley beside. I stood on the very edge. I then went up to the cloth and touch it. I never succeeded since. I might retry because the new physics allow a bit more grip.

@ sut and other skydivers/voltigeurs: I finished my quest and I sent it to some of you. It's not an easy quest and you have to master the double jumps.

My quest is called: "25 markers for a busy day in Relto". There are 30 markers. The title is just a reference to a well-known quest called "25 markers for a quiet night in Relto" :lol:
sut

Post by sut »

Ah cool!!! Can you send it to Annabelle, the one with the green hat? Thx
I didn't see the green hat (in my Ki) but I sent it to her lol !! Yea the animation sequence is a hoot
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Ehren wrote:
Annabelle wrote:I really like the weird animation sequence occuring... click on symbol, avatar falls to the starry expanse, ...hmm no, avatar reappears on top near the sign :lol: , avatar clicks on it, avatar slowly drops to the starry expanse.
Similar to that sort of thing... it's possible to get the cloth on the high up ledge of Eder Gira without using the steam vent. You can't actually reach the ledge itself, you will hit it too low and fall. But you can get close enough to quickly hit the hotspot of the cloth before falling.

Once you hit the ground, the avatar will go crazy for a brief moment, since it can't reach the cloth. But after that you get warped up.

This glitch has existed in all versions of Uru, so it's not technically a relevant glitch, but I think it has the same type of issue as what you describe here

If you want a new challenge, try getting the highest Gira cloth without using the vents!
That's not even a challenge :lol: It took me half a split second... on the first try. As I mentioned, we can grip a bit more and given that double jumps are more powerful, we land smack on the high up ledge :)

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”