Minkata Shard Update Sunday, Nov 11, 2012 [Minkata.71]

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Minkata Shard Update Sunday, Nov 11, 2012 [Minkata.71]

Post by rarified »

The shard was updated tonight; some more enhancements to the Physics update, and a scripting fix to remedy incorrect pellet score attributions in the Neighborhood imager.

See this posting for more information.

As usual, the server did not need to be restarted, you will obtain the new client and files as soon as you start playing.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Mac_Fife

Re: Minkata Shard Update Sunday, Nov 11, 2012 [Minkata.71]

Post by Mac_Fife »

I've created a fresh wiki page to collect observations on the PhysX behaviours: PhysX Update Testing (Minkata.71).
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Minkata.71 testing

AHNONAY:
Failed:
Chair Ride (Sphere 4) : when the chair came up in the office, I was floating high above the chair (see picture)

Pass:
Jump from island to rock to rock to water (Sphere 1)
Swimming (Sphere 1)
Climbing onto platform from water (Sphere 1): the kick back that was there in 68 is gone
Linking to Final Cloth in Hut
Entering Shell Portal

CLEFT:
Not sure:
Hole in Hanging Bridge: if I run I don't fall in the hole of either bridge
Windmill animation: the avatar gets really close to the wooden support when activating the mill (I don't recall on MOULa)

Pass:
Broken Bridge collapsed

D'NI (CITY ISLAND):
Pass: Jump Up on crates on Rooftop

DESCENT:
Pass: Walk spiral walkway up & down shaft

EDER GIRA:
Pass:
Fumerole to Journey Cloth
Fumerole over Rock Pile
Inhability to climb easily on the rock pile: we cannot run up or jump on them to avoid the fumerole. There's still the high jump from the bridge high up though ;)
Jump to pipe over bridge from small rock pedestal
From journey cloth on ledge down to fumerole in lava: walk-jump from one to the other, you must break on landing otherwise you might overshoot.
Fishing baskets with fireflies
It's impossible to cross the stream of water (WITHOUT <--- edit change whole meaning) the 2nd set of baskets, as soon as you jump a 2nd time, the fireflies go away

EDER KEMO:
Pass:
Jump up to ledge with journey cloth
Jump in puffer garden from wall to reock & then to ledge with relto page

EDER TSOGAL:
Pass: Effects when running through water

ER'CANA:
Pass:
Elevator in baking room
Entering Shell Portal
Climbing down the ladder with backpack

Failed:
Harvester, when we climb up or down, the hands go behind the ladder (especially the retractable bottom one)

EVERYWHERE:
Pass:
Using KI while sitting: small & big KI no issue
Walking on surfaces should be normal: yeah it was though I'm always running :lol:
Using KI while run-jumping: no wiggle

Not sure:
Using KI while dancing: it stops the dance right away

GAHREESEN:
Pass:
Elevators up & down in 1st building
Jump to cross gap on 1st floor
Jump TO and FROM spinning platforms and rock in the outdoors
Jump from rock to bahro cave door

Not Sure:
Bones in prison: the ribs are easily kickable, the big bone is too, the middle one is not responding well, the small is hard to move and the baby one is not moving at all.

JALAK:
Pass:
Columns up & down
Glowing Blocks: they make different sounds, I never realized before, I'm always listening to music, easily kickable

KADISH TOLESA:
Pass:
Elevator after Moon Room
Jump to ledge for pine tree Relto page and back
Jump up on crates in vault to journey cloth
Jump to shortcut the big tour in 1st clearing to reach journey cloth

Not sure:
Kickable leaves: some respond more than what I expected flying real fast and real high, some just don't move or hardly move, some disappeared in the scenery when kicked (not talking about falling ones)

MINKATA:
Pass:
Entering Portal

Not sure:
Dusty is hard to move. I made such a zigzag route to get him back to the start. I usually bring him back with ease, this time was a hard one.

NEIGHBORHOOD: I wreck into UGLYDOG's Kennel Klub's Hood...really inviting one :lol:

Mouski made a nice kickables setup well disposed :) , I had so much fun making mess (I'm sure he will be angry LOL)

Pass:
Jump to ledge in light garden for Relto page
Cones, Firemarbles and Eddy (also the Pumpkins) are easily kickable

RELTO:
Pass: Stones, Logs and Firemarbles are all easily kickable

TELEDAHN:
Pass:
Elevator (Hut/Control Room/Douglas' Room)
Bucket Ride
Jump to lower raise bridge on bamboo walkway
Jump on metal walkway to make it drop to mushroom
Jump on Sharper's Bed: You bet I did it! :lol:
All kickables are easy to move around
Door dropping in slave cave worked
Effect when running through water near/inside pipe

That's that! :mrgreen: Grr made the whole game! I even grabbed my wedge in Tsogal.
Last edited by Annabelle on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Using an old avvie I've checked the two shell portals, ridden the harvester and the Teledahn bucket. I've jumped on Sharper's bed too; and kicked the relto logs and rocks. All working fine so far.

Also got credit for my pellets OK.

Now I've seen Annabelle's post I'll need to check the hand position on the harvester - I was checking for juddering only.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
janaba

Post by janaba »

Annabelle wrote:...Grr made the whole game! I even grabbed my wedge in Tsogal...
Great, Annabelle ... thank you ... we all did that three or four times with the last update haha ... :lol:

... yet, I won't do it anymore lol ... this week is very energetic or better the times now are
increasingly energetic, and there's much more other stuff to be taken care of and to attend
to etc., but maybe I'll look into some of those issues you've encountered in one of these days ...
Today, e.g. I've dowloaded the update and dropped a bunch of pellets with two of my avies
and the scores were registered correctly in my neighborhood ... :D
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

checking Annabelle's issues: I confirm the hand problem on the harvester steps - seems worse at the bottom of the ladder. (The Kadish ladder climbs seem OK.) I also confirm that you don't fall through the gaps in the bridges in the cleft. On the other hand: I didn't stop dancing when I used the Ki; and I thought that the leaves and the rocks and bones in the slave cave worked fine.

edit: the cleft windmill animation worked fine.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

I had time today to play the entire game that's why I made a big contribution on this release. Now my energy level is near zero. I won't play for a while, 2 big involvements in a row: Iceworld and Minkata.71, I'm not as young and full of energy I had when I first stepped in this universe :lol: ;) .

It was a memory test to do it normally for me because I did it without my usual gameplay. For example, Cleft and Teledahn gave me hard time. I don't touch any clothes in Cleft usually and Teledahn, I'm use to do in reverse order.

I don't know if it was "fixed" or not but I didn't see any marker in Er'cana City Silo. If that was "fixed", I wonder why since there's nothing going against having a marker in that part of D'ni?
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
Skoader

Post by Skoader »

Ahnonay chair ride.
This bug is unrelated to these physics changes and can be seen on MOULa now.
It most notably occurs on the office side of the ride and the severity varies depending on the speed of your system - The higher your framerate the higher you will float.

Harvester ladder climb.
Again, this alignment problem exists in MOULa now and is outside the scope of these physics updates.

There are several major animation bugs in the game. Hopefully, these can be addressed in the future.

Thanks for the great reports! :)
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Thx Skoader

Er'cana Harvester: I'm not used to climb down the ladder, I always jump off using the "subworld warp" glitch of the lifted up passerelle normally.

Ahnonay: It has been a while since I played on MOULa quite frankly and I'm not using this PC (my main one) for it. So I'm fresh with this unusual scene.
sut

Post by sut »

Hi all I found a bug that I don't think was there in last build !( may of been there but I figured out a way to do it now ) you can jump across and collect the other half of doughnut from Ercana. you do a run jump and land on other side (after collecting the first half of doughnut), then carefully inch your way toward other symbol on wall when you start to fall click on symbol you will collect it !! :D
bug 2 ? I have had a few instances where i can't turn with my mouse all I do is walk forward straight , if i jump up then all works fine or use my arrow keys to turn . I have only had trouble with this in kadish, 3rd sphere in ahnonay I can't get this to happen all the time and have not figured out whats causing it. At first I thought my batteries were going week in mouse but when I switch to desktop all is working fine. has anybody else ran into this?

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”