Marker Editor Client tailored for Minkata

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Annabelle

Marker Editor Client tailored for Minkata

Post by Annabelle »

I was thinking of something today.

I would like to test some of my MOULa's quests on Minkata and vice versa. Could it be possible to built a marker editor client for Minkata. The built is up to the builder, you can take the one that is the most fit. All I want is to have the 3 commands of the MOULa's Marker Editor clients.

May someone build it please :)? Thanks

(I don't think it can be unauthorised since we cannot do anything more than 3 commands for importing/exporting quests.)
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
Lyrositor

Re: Marker Editor Client tailored for Minkata

Post by Lyrositor »

I don't have time to build them right now; if someone else wants to, they're welcome to do it.

You could do it yourself Annabelle; it's easier than writing the scripts you used for the Fun House. You just need to replace the build ID and re-compile Plasma; the Python wouldn't need any changes.

EDIT: Well actually it could be a bit more difficult...
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
To D'ni, or not to D'ni. There is no question.
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Lyrositor wrote:You just need to replace the build ID and re-compile Plasma

EDIT: Well actually it could be a bit more difficult...
:? I don't even know what is a build ID and I never compile or re-compile Plasma or anything...

I wouldn't know what to do. If someone else could compile it, it would help me for my testings. Thanks

EDIT: I'm thinking of a thing just now. If the next update is due in less than 2 weeks from now because of a sudden raise in CAVCON, maybe it don't worth to make such marker editor for Minkata. I won't have time to test a lot of my quests back and forth between shards. I already did some testings here and there and saw the main differences. That Marker Editor would help me for a thorough testing. If the time is short, I won't be able to do it.
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
rarified

Post by rarified »

Annabelle, you're not the first to request such a client.

You mentioned another shard has a client with just the marker game save/load commands enabled. Could you tell me which shard and if you know who built that particular client? I'll see what I can do to put something together, but my first glance through the code didn't make clear which internal commands are used for Marker game manipulation.

Thanks
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

rarified wrote:Annabelle, you're not the first to request such a client.

You mentioned another shard has a client with just the marker game save/load commands enabled. Could you tell me which shard and if you know who built that particular client? I'll see what I can do to put something together, but my first glance through the code didn't make clear which internal commands are used for Marker game manipulation.

Thanks
_R
Lyrositor built a Marker Editor Client for MOULa shard in August 2012. http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... ker+editor

This is a special tailored internal client. We cannot use any special commands or run scripts. Lyrositor blocked them. All we can do is listed on the first post of the thread (see link above) /list, /download [id] or /upload [filename].

Since the 2 shards are quite similar, there shouldn't be much issue when transferring quests between the 2.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Annabelle wrote:If the next update is due in less than 2 weeks from now ...
We don't know that this is the case. The last I heard, Chogon was still busy with other work so an update alongside the next server reset may not be possible. However, Chogon indicated that we're not bound to having updates only on the 3-weekly reset points - it's just slightly more convenient to do that.

What I'm inferring here is that what's needed isn't just a straight "Minkata Build" of Lyrositor's Marker Editor Client - it needs to be a client that is comparable to Minkata.71 (has the latest physics, windowing updates, etc.) but also has the restricted internal features of Lyrositor's client. I'd guess that what rarified needs for that is details of what Lyrositor patched from the "standard" MOULa client and any custom build instructions.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Lyrositor

Post by Lyrositor »

I'm in the process of making a client based on cwe-ou, so once that's done, maybe I could build one for Minkata through the Foundry on my repo.
Lyrositor
Explorer #16601888
To D'ni, or not to D'ni. There is no question.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”