Annabelle's Testing Marker Quests

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Christian Walther

Re: Annabelle's Testing Marker Quests

Post by Christian Walther »

Thanks Annabelle! I gave a quick try to 25 markers for a busy day in Relto but unfortunately I’m stuck already on step 2: I can’t make it from the Gira totem onto the little tree – I collect the markers, but fall down in front of the tree before getting solid ground under my feet. Does it matter whether the maple trees are on? I tried with a few times, then without. I wonder if there’s still something hardware-dependent involved, despite Skoader’s efforts, or whether it’s really all skills. But then I haven’t spent a whole busy day on it yet! :)

I was unable to buddy Treehugger with KI number 24945 too (and didn’t have her buddied already so I could check the number).
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Christian Walther wrote:Thanks Annabelle! I gave a quick try to 25 markers for a busy day in Relto but unfortunately I’m stuck already on step 2: I can’t make it from the Gira totem onto the little tree – I collect the markers, but fall down in front of the tree before getting solid ground under my feet. Does it matter whether the maple trees are on? I tried with a few times, then without. I wonder if there’s still something hardware-dependent involved, despite Skoader’s efforts, or whether it’s really all skills. But then I haven’t spent a whole busy day on it yet! :)

I was unable to buddy Treehugger with KI number 24945 too (and didn’t have her buddied already so I could check the number).
The maple trees have to be ON (oh and turn OFF the pine tree while you're at it). The Relto age is an awesome age because of all the changes you can make by adding removing objects. Some of these objects have solid collisions. The maple trees have to be there because you actually need to climb over them.

The Er'cana plants: ON
The maple trees: ON
The pine tree: OFF

If your skills need a refresh, here's how to make a double jump:
A walk-jump followed by a quickly-made run-jump as soon as your avatar lift his arms in the air. You also need clearance to make such jump. This is why I'm stating that over the Gira's totem to back up a little over it. You need let say 8 D'ni inches :lol: (approximately 19 cms) to make it happen.

If your hardware is the issue, let's see:
I made my quest using a quad-core Intel i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80 GHz with 12 Gb of RAM embarked (late 2010). I will try with my Intel duo-core @ 1.50 GHz with 3 Gb of RAM embarked (late 2007) to see. On Minkata shard, I hardly never play with my old PC (duo-core). In fact except for MOULa (Skydiving Client and build 1.912), I don't use it anymore. And with the next update, I won't use it unless playing with the Skydiving Client.

I'll test your theory about jumps being hardware-dependent. I'll run on both PCs with or without use of FRAPS. I will see what will happen.

EDIT: I tested the 4 ways. It's easier to play on a fast PC than on a slow PC. If I run FRAPS on my old PC, the gameplay becomes really erratic. I had 18 FPS, my avatar was jiggling. I succeeded in the 4 ways though.
Last edited by Annabelle on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Treehugger wrote:Thanks for trying so hard! Let's try one of the other avvies then. There's Syringa, 00081071; or Ilex, 00112738? Or Quercus,0014733, or Salix 00106700. Maybe Treehugger doesn't find it easy to make friends :lol: !
Syringa kindly accepted my friendship ;). She holds "Underneath Kadish Forest". Link through the main entrance, the first marker will be right next to the linking point. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Can you check in Treehugger's KI please because I used her KI mail as a way to send her my quest since her name was inside my KI? Maybe it worked
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Annabelle wrote:
Syringa kindly accepted my friendship ;). She holds "Underneath Kadish Forest". Link through the main entrance, the first marker will be right next to the linking point. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Can you check in Treehugger's KI please because I used her KI mail as a way to send her my quest since her name was inside my KI? Maybe it worked
Yay, they both have the quest. And Treehugger has the Ki mail message too. Thanks. Now to try it out!

(Treehugger in Minkata)
sut

Post by sut »

I am running a i5 intell 650 with 4 gig ram and that jump is doable but not easy! (took 13 tries ) I have to be in right spot to make jump( centered on your marker) . Thanks for the heads up on removing pine tree :evil: But then if you told me before I made jump I wouldn't have had so much fun cursing you when Imade that jump and found out I had to remove pine tree LOL
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

sut wrote:I am running a i5 intell 650 with 4 gig ram and that jump is doable but not easy! (took 13 tries ) I have to be in right spot to make jump( centered on your marker) . Thanks for the heads up on removing pine tree :evil: But then if you told me before I made jump I wouldn't have had so much fun cursing you when Imade that jump and found out I had to remove pine tree LOL
:lol: ok... I need to explain myself for a redemption :lol: ... I hope ;) . That quest was made for sut SO I made it thinking to sneakily bother him at one point or the other during the course of the quest :mrgreen: I succeeded.
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

I should be doing other things, but I couldn’t resist trying the “25 markers” again while I was online on my older computer on Mac OS (slower), and found that I could very easily do the jump onto the maple tree there. So there is a hardware dependency, but it doesn’t seem to be simply a matter of speed.

I think I got all markers except the one over the calendar island, which I have no idea how to reach (and no time to find out). :) Thanks for the fun, Annabelle!

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”