Minkata Shard Update Friday April 12, 2013 [Minkata.77]

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Treehugger

Re: Minkata Shard Update Friday April 12, 2013 [Minkata.77]

Post by Treehugger »

Christian Walther wrote: the Gahreesen elevator only working reliably for the first person in the age (the rest getting off before they have solid ground under their feet and plummeting to Relto)
actually, Christian, janaba was first in the age, and first in the elevator, but it didn't work for her and it did work for me (well, it worked the first time I tried, not the second) - does this mean it WAS a new bug?

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Hmm... I always thought that the elevator issue was more related to client lag and loading time and less about who was "first" :? .
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
janaba

Post by janaba »

Hi, everyone ... Yeah, I was the first linking to Christian's Gahreesen, and I was the first to enter the elevator with both, Christian and Acorn, in the age ... I fell through when the elevator arrived on the upper floor, the door didn't open and I saw myself falling down through the elevator floor while grabbing my Relto book ... :P

Ok, I linked in again, got an invite from Christian, and tried to take that elevator again with both still being in the age and fell through again as described above ... I can only describe it from what I've experienced as I met the others only shortly in that age by now lol ... Ok, I linked to Gahreesen again, and this time we decided to only let one of us take the elevator with the rest of us not being in the age ... It was me to take the elevator, and this time I succeeded and Christian and Acorn linked themselves to the rock pinnacle where we finally met and went on to explore ... That's the whole story, maybe anyone of our precious programmers/coders can see a pattern or anything else in this ... :P

Apart from that everything else on the Shard works absolutely and completely smooth and perfect ... we all concluded that this update is absolutely stable and solid and can thus reliably being forwarded to Chogon for Cyan's next MOULa update ... We cannot, of course, be held accountable for any differently working or not working computer architectures, setups and presets etc., you know what I mean lol ... No, seriously, great job, everyone, Christian, Skoader, rarified and the whole OpenUru and H'Uru teams ... :D
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

Mac_Fife wrote:Hmm... I always thought that the elevator issue was more related to client lag and loading time and less about who was "first".
Possible – that was just speculation on my part, based on my observations. But according to what Treehugger and janaba say above, these observations weren’t even accurate… :?

“First in the age” is an oversimplification for brevity, by the way. There is always one among the players in an age who is the “game owner”, whose client is responsible for various things that need to be centrally coordinated (as mentioned above, I don’t actually know whether the Gahreesen elevator is one of those), and when the current owner leaves the age, ownership is transferred to someone else. So, after the original owner links out, it’s no longer necessarily the first one of the remaining players who is the owner.

As far as forwarding the update to Chogon is concerned… I’m planning to bring this up in an e-mail to the team, but might as well mention it here too: Does anyone
  • know of any remaining showstopper bugs that would need to be fixed before the update goes to Cyan?
  • still have anything they want to test before that and haven’t gotten around to?
If not, I’m thinking of pushing the current CWE-ou-minkata state to CWE-ou and tagging it tomorrow evening (midday Cyan time) or Thursday (early morning Cyan time).
janaba

Post by janaba »

As to the elevator again, what comes to mind is a recent mention by Mystler on the TOC MOUL forums that Gahreesen consists of many subworlds, so, I can imagine the elevator being one of those as well as the rotating wall in the first building which swallowed only two of us in, but threw me out again so I had to take the next round ... :P

Our programmers might know how this all correlates within a multiplayer environment and as to the transferring back and forth of ownership etc. ... In general it seems that most entrances into 'new' environments/subworlds/places in Gahreesen work 'one at a time' like the elevator, the rotating wall or the entrance to the second building, and there you don't have to even do sth, means 'going in there', you are automatically 'being walked into and out of' those ... Quite difficult constructs to program and then to work seamlessly together and this even for many ... Yeah, just a few more thoughts to this ... :D
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Christian, I haven't seen anything new appear in JIRA (apart from the window position thing that I logged and I consider that to be a minor niggle), and the only recent reports in the HESK ticket system are for issues that are common to MOULa or otherwise not directly related to the current set of updates.
Mac_Fife
rarified

Post by rarified »

Mac_Fife wrote:Christian, I haven't seen anything new appear in JIRA ...
That might be partly due to the fact JIRA is down and in the middle of a messy upgrade :roll:

But Mac is always, always watching so I trust his field of view as to whether someone has encountered something significant to affect the update. I concur, I believe the update to be ready whenever Cyan has the resources to pick it up.

-R

Edit: Well, it was supposed to stay down. Bloody self-healing Solaris started it up again. I'll need to go back a few steps and back up some things again. :o
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

rarified wrote:Edit: Well, it was supposed to stay down. Bloody self-healing Solaris started it up again. I'll need to go back a few steps and back up some things again. :o
Yeah, I was wondering as I read the post, coz I know I've been using and updating JIRA over the past few days :shock: (and BTW: when it says that IE 7 is not supported and might not work properly, it ain't lying :lol: [I'm forced to use IE7 at work for now])
Mac_Fife
sut

Post by sut »

Is It just my comp or is everybody having trouble with the sound (music) it sounds like you have it turned WAY up and is all distorted PS and its not that I have eaten to many pies !!!
Ricard

Post by Ricard »

I spent many hours in Minkata on Sunday. Most everything still works great.

I did get a small thing when I was solving Kadesh Tolesa. In the room where you turn on the lights from the five balconies I got a glitch. I had to do the puzzle twice. The floor and stairway did not open on a first try. I had to return to the balcony, turn off all the lights, then turn on 2. 3. and 5 again. Second time through worked correctly.

Except for that, no other problem.
regards,
Rodney Recor ~ Minkata KI# 49587
" How can I possibly be overdrawn when I have all these checks left?! "
Typos in my posts really do not proove that I am stupid. Other things maybe, but not that.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”