Minkata Shard Update Friday April 12, 2013 [Minkata.77]

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Mac_Fife

Re: Minkata Shard Update Friday April 12, 2013 [Minkata.77]

Post by Mac_Fife »

Treehugger wrote:We seem to be using two threads for reporting on the testing right now :lol:
I dislike disorganisation so the threads have been merged :lol: .

Just as a side note - I got an alert today of a new Nvidia graphics driver having become available (314.22), so it might be worth reminding people about the issue that arose with PhysX before, since the driver install also installs PhysX 9.12.1034 - viewtopic.php?f=108&t=854
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Christian Walther

Re: HEY! We're in here, testing! (Apr 12 Update)

Post by Christian Walther »

Ricard wrote:I can now run-jump using my mouse, but not my keyboard. (Has it always been that way?)
No, run-jumping by keyboard should be possible. Has anyone else tested this on Windows 8?
Ricard wrote:When I tried a brand new avatar, a-propos to what janaba noted, I saw no Yeesha intro video. With all the problems I'd been having, I thought it was just me.
That’s not a problem, but expected behavior (and has in fact always been that way on fan shards, because nobody among the fan developers has a Bink video license). In fact, because we’ve had to remove some Bink video code, and there’s no replacement yet, this will most likely carry over to MOULa on the update – the plan is to offer the intro video on a web page instead for the time being.
JWPlatt

Re: HEY! We're in here, testing! (Apr 12 Update)

Post by JWPlatt »

Christian Walther wrote:...the plan is to offer the intro video on a web page instead for the time being.
In a converted format - NOT Bink. And the Cyan logo will likely be a static graphic.
Perfect speed is being there.
janaba

Post by janaba »

Mac_Fife wrote:Just as a side note - I got an alert today of a new Nvidia graphics driver having become available (314.22), so it might be worth reminding people about the issue that arose with PhysX before, since the driver install also installs PhysX 9.12.1034 - viewtopic.php?f=108&t=854
I've been downloading the update last week and had to immediately downgrade the whole to 314.07 again as some games didn't work anymore, one of them was the Xing Sandbox demo, which almost wasn't playable anymore ... :?

I didn't feel like trying it again to date, maybe I'll do it again anytime this week ... I am so glad that with Win7 the switch is easily done ... :D
Ricard

Post by Ricard »

Here's a web page with the Intro video in mp4:
(I have no idea of I'm allowed to do this)

Uru Videos
(right-click to open in new tab)
Last edited by Ricard on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
Rodney Recor ~ Minkata KI# 49587
" How can I possibly be overdrawn when I have all these checks left?! "
Typos in my posts really do not proove that I am stupid. Other things maybe, but not that.
charura

Post by charura »

One very small nuance I noticed in here and Gehn, as well...When you swim to the maintainance area in Ahnonay and climb to get out of the water, your avvie almost looks likes it falls backwards before starting? Not a problem to continue but rather weird-looking.
Also, in Ercana, (and this has happened forever in every build of every version) the avatar climbs down the ladder to the final cloth and then the video of that disappears and then re-appears at the bottom...Also happens, at times, going up the ladder...again,this does not impede game play at all. Just strange...
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Ricard wrote:(I have no idea of I'm allowed to do this)
Probably not - There's no license just now that allows anyone other than Cyan to serve that material. From what I understand, I believe Cyan will be posting a (possibly Quicktime format) copy of the video on their website. Of course if you've got the free Bink Player you can probably just squirrel away the videos from your current MOULa "avi" folder for your own viewing pleasure ;)
charura wrote:One very small nuance I noticed in here and Gehn, as well...When you swim to the maintainance area in Ahnonay and climb to get out of the water, your avvie almost looks likes it falls backwards before starting? Not a problem to continue but rather weird-looking.
That sounds like a known issue - viewtopic.php?p=7311#p7311. It could be that if your avatar jumped into the water then the jump animation doesn't quite complete, then when you climb to the top of the ladder, the animation finishes the last bit of the jump/landing.
Mac_Fife
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

On minor niggle I found (it's actually been there since Minkata.68) is that if you're running in windowed mode, you can lose the window position: If you have the window dragged away from the top left of the screen and then open the in-game graphics settings menu, when you close the menu (even without changing anything) the window will snap back to the default top left position.

It's a minor issue, and certainly not enough to hold back the windowing enhancements from progressing to MOULa, but it's a quirk that I'm sure wasn't intended.

Issue raised in JIRA: https://foundry.openuru.org/jira/browse/CWE-57
Mac_Fife
janaba

Post by janaba »

I just installed the new NVidia driver 314.22 again and everything's working properly again, I'm very glad ... and it didn't install the PhysX 9.12.1034 version, but 9.12.1031 as proclaimed on their website ... :D
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Yes, 9.12.1031 - typo on my part earlier. I presume you didn't have to reinstall the legacy driver as well this time round?
Mac_Fife

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”