Minkata and fan ages

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Hoikas

Re: Minkata and fan ages

Post by Hoikas »

You can expect instant responses once I start getting paid for working on this game and/or its tools.
Karkadann

Post by Karkadann »

Iv been trying to come up with a comment for Adams last post for months and im still blank.
However I guess the reason why people work on it for free is the love of the game and or its tools, we will always have that on our side.
I often wondered if I was good enough in 3D graphics and did it for a living, would it be as much fun?
The dreamers need the realists to keep them from soaring too close to the sun.
But without the dreamers, the realist may never get off the ground.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Karkadann wrote:I often wondered if I was good enough in 3D graphics and did it for a living, would it be as much fun?
I think you can read across into almost any domain on that. It may still be "fun" but if you're doing something as your day job, probably the last thing you feel like doing once the working day is over is doing more of the same as your "hobby" - you want to do something different and the fun element can wear a bit thin otherwise. So, if you became a skilled, professional 3D graphics artist you might well enjoy doing that, but you'd maybe not be inclined to spend much time on Uru.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Karkadann

Post by Karkadann »

Its to bad you cant take "The Art" tab out of Drizzle and shift it into reverse, so it converts files from the old game engine to the new one
The dreamers need the realists to keep them from soaring too close to the sun.
But without the dreamers, the realist may never get off the ground.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”