Cone experiments

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Christian Walther

Cone experiments

Post by Christian Walther »

A few of us tried what happens when someone links into a pile of cones on Minkata: :ugeek:

One cone: http://cw.kolleegium.ch/misc/taicone.mp4
Pile of cones: http://cw.kolleegium.ch/misc/taicone2.mp4

Testing performed by Number One Official Minkata Lab Rat Tai'lahr, supervised by rarified (in the fountain), Mac (in safe distance), recorded by me.

Anyone up for repeating the experiment on MOULa (old physics behaviour) to see if the effect is different?
Emor D'ni Lap

Re: Cone experiments

Post by Emor D'ni Lap »

Nice!
Looks like it behaves just the way one would want!

I'll check in on the MO:ULa server, but I doubt you're that much of a night owl...
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

There's a simple explanation: Ninja powers; I arrive before you see me. ;)

Note to other testers - especially those who work harder than I do: the self-proclaimed title of Number One Official Minkata Lab Rat is a reference to being the first on Minkata, not the best or most proficient by any means.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

An interesting, although not entirely unexpected, outcome from this experiment was that the "explosion" of cones in the second experiment was seen differently by each of the observers - I saw them erupt much more spectacularly than Christian's video shows, however the still image below of the same event doesn't quite capture that (the distant cone in the air went up like a rocket!):
Post-event, we also disagreed on the orientation of cones - some would see a cone upright, some see it flat and some see it tilted. So kickables don't seem to get fully updated in all the clients.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”