Treehugger

Re: Unable to complete installlation of Client

Post by Treehugger »

thanks, both, for the AGM update.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Will there be any further update at today's AGM?

[edited to make the question make more sense!]

(Treehugger in Minkata)
janaba

Post by janaba »

It is nice that someone is saying something here ... :mrgreen:

As this topic seems to be resolved (so, we're not too much off-topic) I'd like to add to Treehugger's question that all our programmer teams, means the H'Uru team and the OpenUru team and all anyway always working behind the scenes are very silent in theses days, except for Mac and Deledrius and sometimes Christian, who keep running the show where needed lol, and I'm asking myself if you'd be all ok and well in the first place and if there might be something brewing or what you're all doing? ... :D
rarified

Post by rarified »

I will likely be at the AGM meeting today, and may be able to answer some of your questions.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

(Afraid we've been wildly off topic for several months, janaba, but the mods have let us get away with it! :lol: )

that's great, rarified. What I was after is a progress report on all that stuff you and Christian told us you've had to do since MOULa got updated.

I agree, janaba, the forums have been VERY quiet lately! My guess was a big dollop of RL impacting on lots of people, as well as all this MOULa updating stuff behind the scenes. ;)

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

I’m alive and well, but being busy with school and other stuff has put my Uru work on the back burner more often than planned, so I’m afraid I have gotten no further than what I reported at the August AGM – somewhere in the middle of dissecting the 918 update. :(

I will be at today’s AGM as well.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

just to say, rarified decided against updating us the AGM - if I recall, from our quick exchange, he planned a self-standing post instead. ;)

(btw, that was a subtle hint to remember to write it, rarified! But I've learned that I need to be less subtle when offering you hints!)
rarified wrote:Rarified is slow to take hints. :oops:

_R

(Treehugger in Minkata)
janaba

Post by janaba »

Treehugger wrote:just to say, rarified decided against updating us the AGM - if I recall, from our quick exchange, he planned a self-standing post instead. ;)
(btw, that was a subtle hint to remember to write it, rarified! But I've learned that I need to be less subtle when offering you hints!)
rarified wrote:Rarified is slow to take hints. :oops:
_R
Very nice, thanks for the hint and info, Treehugger ... At the AGM I felt tempted to ask if there'd be any news on what's going on here on OpenUru, because rarified hinted to update us all on the goings-on or any questions, but as there was no obvious 'sign' for sth in that direction I refrained from speaking up of course ... :mrgreen:

So, now we're waiting for your self-standing post and statement as it seems instead, rarified, but please, only if there'd really be sth to inform and communicate, I mean, not just to tease you or even put pressure on you in any way ... relax, much is going on in the world and everywhere, in the US even more so ... your wellbeing is most important first and foremost ... :D
JWPlatt

Second Chance Summer

Post by JWPlatt »

It's so unbusy here, I'm not bothering with a discussion split, but if our moderator sees what's going on he might impose some discipline. Fair warning. ;)

There really isn't a lot going on at the collective level of OpenUru.org right now to report. Most of us are involved in real life matters. This is my post just to say so. I don't have an operational update, really.

I’m just getting over what I’m calling my “Second Chance Summer” because it’s finally raining today after about four weeks of solid sun and warmth (80s in northeast PA - in October!) through most of September and the first week of October. I spent most of the summer developing new Unity3D software for MagiQuest because we're moving to a more animated environment for our effects and encounters. So I didn’t get out much at all and, if you ask anyone who knows me, I've been very much out of touch - or "mysterious" as rarified recently said. I live on 10 acres and the groundskeeping needed some attention, so I spent our beautiful Fall days cutting limbs of trees and trimming brush so we could go for a simple walk without poking out an eye from low-hanging branches, getting snagged by bushes, or wading through grass (look out for ticks). The grass in our fields was about four feet high, so now that’s all cut down too. After "Snowtober" two years ago where the tree damage was immense (I estimate about 12,000 limbs and branches piled five feet high lining both sides of the entire length of our 425-foot driveway for chipping) and Sandy (the hurricane) last year, I wanted to finish up some leftover work and do preventive maintenance for whatever comes this year. I looked forward to getting out every morning of my Second Chance Summer to enjoy using the weather to my advantage. With things back in shape outside, it’s back to cyberspace for me and more MagiQuest work.

The preparations for Fan Content continue, but until the content is done and wired, there's not a whole lot to test, if anything. H'uru continues their work. I regularly update my local copy of their repos and see some interesting refinements. But I havent heard any recent recommendations for porting of code over to our repos for inclusion in MOULa. If there are any major usability features to nominate, we'd like to hear about it. The last update was large (and expensive). Between that and real life for all of us, I've had the feeling there was and is some needed recovery time before Fan Content makes its way to MOULa. But our little rest doesn't hold up that content. I think we're all finding out just how much time and effort it takes for the community to build content for MOULa while doing other things we have to do for ourselves.
Perfect speed is being there.
charura

Post by charura »

JWPlatt wrote:I think we're all finding out just how much time and effort it takes for the community to build content for MOULa while doing other things we have to do for ourselves.
I think that says it all :o

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”