Minkata Shard Update Saturday November 16, 2013

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Re: Minkata Shard Update Saturday November 16, 2013

Post by rarified »

It's going to be confusing. The version number at the title bar is the client software version (Minkata.77 based on MOULa 912) and that hasn't changed. Even though the data files underneath have been updated (and we don't have a way to indicate that in the header for now).

If you're seeing Minkata.77 you have the latest program, and running that program should try to run with the latest data files (and fail if your dat/ folder does not match MOULa's dat/ folder assuming you've run the MOULa game client to bring it's files up to date).
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

rarified wrote: I'd be very surprised to find the old Minkata dat files worked successfully (as they did not for Tai'lahr).
I have the MOULa dat files loaded since I copied them. It's the client executables that were not updated.
Edit: Oops, that should have been MOULa.
rarified wrote: I see from the server logs you have got the client running again now.
Placing the Minkata TOS file back and re-copying the dat folder from MOULa made it work again. It still uses the old client 912 executable though.
rarified wrote:If need be could you provide md5 checksums
of all your files in your current Minkata dat folder?
Sure, here you go: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/895 ... at_918.md5
rarified

Post by rarified »

D'Lanor wrote:
rarified wrote: I see from the server logs you have got the client running again now.
Placing the Minkata TOS file back and re-copying the dat folder from MOULa made it work again. It still uses the old client 912 executable though.
That is the expected configuration. Old client executable (still at Minkata.77/912) but with MOULa 918 dat files.
D'Lanor wrote:
rarified wrote:If need be could you provide md5 checksums
of all your files in your current Minkata dat folder?
Sure, here you go: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/895 ... at_918.md5
Thanks, will look in a little bit.
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

OK, so you are saying the client executables were not updated. I guess I'm good then. However, you may still need to look into that checksum problem because not everyone has that TOS.txt file in the Minkata folder.
rarified

Post by rarified »

D'Lanor wrote:OK, so you are saying the client executables were not updated. I guess I'm good then. However, you may still need to look into that checksum problem because not everyone has that TOS.txt file in the Minkata folder.
Oops :oops: Looking at that now, I didn't test a full scan forced with removing TOS and just found the same problem.
Rebuilding the manifests now...
rarified

Post by rarified »

I believe I've found all the missing pieces and have verified Minkata works when updating the dat files and removing TOS.txt.
You should re-copy the MOULa dat files one more time into the Minkata dat directory to start with a clean copy.

Please try again and let me know how it goes. I need to step out for a little while.

_R
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

"File not found on server: Data\dat\Myst_District_Textures.prp.gz" & "Error downloading file from server, exiting..."
rarified

Post by rarified »

Tai'lahr wrote:"File not found on server: Data\dat\Myst_District_Textures.prp.gz" & "Error downloading file from server, exiting..."
That happens if the file dat\Myst_District_Textures.prp is not present or is damaged. Copy it from the MOULa dat folder overwriting your Mincata copy.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

do we all need to recopy the MOULa dat files - or just those who had problems?

(Treehugger in Minkata)
rarified

Post by rarified »

Treehugger wrote:do we all need to recopy the MOULa dat files - or just those who had problems?
A couple of files have been recently updated, but if this update worked for you already then the Minkata client will be able to update the new files for you.

_R

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”