trouble logging in after new update

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Treehugger

Re: trouble logging in after new update

Post by Treehugger »

CaptainQuery wrote:The problem has not vanished for me. After launching Minkata, checking for updates (shows Minkata.78), and signing on, the screen goes back to checking for updates and then crashes. It does show Minkata.78 on the screen now not Minkata.77.
CaptainQuery wrote:Problem just resolved itself. The sign in screen now shows the welcome and current build info in the upper left corner which it was not doing a few minutes ago. Can get into the game now. :D
rarified wrote:Good, I did another reset on the proxy server that has been hanging. Something has changed recently that is causing that to happen frequently. I'll try to keep a closer eye on it.

_R
Ok, maybe it wasn't just my ineptitude that was causing me problems :lol:

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Mac_Fife wrote:For Avast users, please note that it has a new feature that will give the "DRep" (Domain Reputation) reports when trying to download executables that it's not familiar with from sites that it's not familiar with which can lead to false positives. DRep occurs when these three conditions are met:
1. The file is not prevalent enough, ie. not enough Avast users launched the file yet,
2. The domain is not prevalent enough, ie. not enough Avast users downloaded (any) EXE files from the domain yet,
3. The file is not signed or Avast does not trust the signature.
Thanks for explaining, Mac! :roll:

(Treehugger in Minkata)
ghaelen

Post by ghaelen »

Mac_Fife wrote:I think the Foundry (where Minkata is hosted) might be having accessibility problems right now since I can't get to anything on the foundry.openuru.org domain very reliably... It could be a DNS issue, the server might be having problems or the firewall could be playing up. On the other hand, I was able to get the update OK (but slowly) then UruExplorer crashed as others have reported. The dialogs do seem to hop between reporting "Minkata.77" and "Minkata.78" and back, suggesting something is not quite set up right.
I tried to download the exe file on my new comp (in Chrome and Explorer) and got the "security certificate" issue I've seen off and on during the last few days. I did get Explorer to go through with the download, but I had to muscle it a bit. Windows 8 doesn't like the 'unknown' file either, and doesn't want to run it. We negotiated, and it is now running :)
".... those things that are conceived in compassion are going to work....
.... those things that are conceived in unity are going to work...."

~Ancient Healer (maybe D'ni)

Moula3.2 KI #64299
OU Minkata KI #1504
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

I'm still fighting my Win8.1 laptop to get the new Minkata working. I got beyond the "file not found on server" error by deleting the TOS file in MOULa and re-downloading, but I'm now getting the same "Unable to create file. Hard drive may be full" error as Jaytee did. I have tried running as admin but this makes no difference that I can detect. The progress bar seems to go all the way across before the error occurs. Could this be anything to do with Avast and if so, which paths and/or URLs should I add to "exclusions"?

(Treehugger in Minkata)
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Disabling Avast for the few minutes it takes to install and test would be a simpler method to exclude it as an issue. If it *does* solve the problem, then worry about folders, etc.
Perfect speed is being there.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”