trouble logging in after new update

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Mac_Fife

Re: trouble logging in after new update

Post by Mac_Fife »

Looks like everything is back up and running now - seems that one of the server processes had hung and was messing up the Foundry website AND access to the shard.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Sure enough. Login success. Thank you, rarified!
Perfect speed is being there.
Jaytee

Post by Jaytee »

wow back in again !!!
thanks good work the launcher says 1.918 and 78 like it should now.
got the 4 prime ages done looks good , and the KI print looks good
Thanks again
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

I missed the AGM so I read Doobes' chatlogs today with great excitement. I expected a post on this forum to tell us what has been done, but maybe you've all been too busy. Anyway, well done everyone!

However, I've been having trouble getting the update to work. Most of my troubles are probably down to my ineptitude in identifying the right files to copy across. I've got it working at last on one laptop. However, on my Win 8.1 laptop, my Avast claims it's found and blocked an infection in the downloader - something called DRep. Given other people's warnings about Avast, I thought I'd better report this to you asap.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
rarified

Post by rarified »

Treehugger wrote:I missed the AGM so I read Doobes' chatlogs today with great excitement. I expected a post on this forum to tell us what has been done, but maybe you've all been too busy. Anyway, well done everyone!
Too tired, more likely. A lot in the blender right now :shock:
However, I've been having trouble getting the update to work. Most of my troubles are probably down to my ineptitude in identifying the right files to copy across. I've got it working at last on one laptop. However, on my Win 8.1 laptop, my Avast claims it's found and blocked an infection in the downloader - something called DRep. Given other people's warnings about Avast, I thought I'd better report this to you asap.
I'm pretty sure that's a false alarm, I've scanned both executables with a couple of anti-virus tools without anything detected.

And the build machine for Windows clients is not ever connected to the internet so it's unlikely to spontaneously pick something up.

Thanks for the heads up, though!
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Thanks, rarified - sorry you're tired, do take care of yourself! :)

(Treehugger in Minkata)
CaptainQuery

Post by CaptainQuery »

The problem has not vanished for me. After launching Minkata, checking for updates (shows Minkata.78), and signing on, the screen goes back to checking for updates and then crashes. It does show Minkata.78 on the screen now not Minkata.77.
CaptainQuery

Post by CaptainQuery »

Problem just resolved itself. The sign in screen now shows the welcome and current build info in the upper left corner which it was not doing a few minutes ago. Can get into the game now. :D
rarified

Post by rarified »

Good, I did another reset on the proxy server that has been hanging. Something has changed recently that is causing that to happen frequently. I'll try to keep a closer eye on it.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

For Avast users, please note that it has a new feature that will give the "DRep" (Domain Reputation) reports when trying to download executables that it's not familiar with from sites that it's not familiar with which can lead to false positives. DRep occurs when these three conditions are met:
1. The file is not prevalent enough, ie. not enough Avast users launched the file yet,
2. The domain is not prevalent enough, ie. not enough Avast users downloaded (any) EXE files from the domain yet,
3. The file is not signed or Avast does not trust the signature.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”