Testing the new update

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Treehugger

Testing the new update

Post by Treehugger »

Rarified, you were happy for janaba (and by extension, I hope, me) to test whether everything is still working. I've made a start and so far I haven't found either the bahro tablet down by the ferry dock or the relto page that comes and goes in the hoods. When MOULa restarted after the vault wipe, these were absent there too. Chogon later said that he'd not known what setting to use for the switches for these two. They now appear in MOULa as randomly as they should.

While my testing hasn't been extensive, I've looked for each on a few occasions. I thought I'd better flag it now in case you had lifted Chogon's initial settings for Minkata rather than the ones he'd adjusted later.

My new avvie is having trouble with the Descent link. My old avvies can use the link fine but my new one gets the black screen with hotspots. I don't remember if that was also a glitch that affected MOULa when it first restarted. I'll do a bit more testing.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Mac_Fife

Re: Testing the new update

Post by Mac_Fife »

Those are really server settings, so ought not to be anything we would ever pick up from Cyan. We normally have the frequency of appearance of those randomised items set fairly high in order to aid testing, so you shouldn't need to try too often to get them. However, I think there were prior reports in our Helpdesk of that relto page not appearing for new avatars.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Chogon
Cyantist

Post by Chogon »

I don't remember which one went with the barho stone by the ferry dock but this is what settings are on MOULa now:

Code: Select all

islmTreasureBook01Enabled    Value=True
islmTreasureBook01Chance     Value=50
islmTreasureBook01Proximity  Value=False

islmTreasureBook06Enabled    Value=True
islmTreasureBook06Chance     Value=50
islmTreasureBook06Proximity  Value=False

islmTreasureBook08Enabled    Value=True
islmTreasureBook08Chance     Value=50
islmTreasureBook08Proximity  Value=False
And for the hoods:

Code: Select all

nb01YeeshaPage07Enabled            value=True
nb01YeeshaPage07Chance             value=50
nb01YeeshaPage07Proximity          value=False
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Mac_Fife wrote:However, I think there were prior reports in our Helpdesk of that relto page not appearing for new avatars.
I was mis-remembering: It was actually an issue with the Bahro stone that leads to Descent. :oops:

However, for those wondering what there is to test, I can probably say that it has been so long since we rolled anything new that Minkata could really do with a good shakedown before we put up new stuff to test. With that in mind and for anyone gagging for something to test, here a couple of things that seem like they need specific attention:
  • The three random Bahro stones: They should all be present. It may take a couple of visits to get each one, but on average each should be present more often than not (for the Minkata shard only). And they should work. worth checking with a new avatar because of...
  • The Bahro stone leading to Descent has previously been noted to lead to "the black age" (I.e. nowhere) when used by a new avatar (works OK for old avatars that have already used the link). When that happens you get the link page in your city book but it also leads to blackness. Confirm whether this bug is still present.
  • Check for appearance of the Relto page in the hood light gardens.
Mac_Fife
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Bahro stones in the City all now tracked down for my new avvie but the Descent one is still not working for her.

She also picked up the light garden Relto page. :D

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

OK, that Descent one is probably something server side that needs Mr _R to have look in the logs.
Mac_Fife
Jaytee

Post by Jaytee »

As per Mac's list of things to check with new avie.
1 all 3 stones were in the city.
2 the descent stone shows the black screen age
3 the relto page in the hood wasn't in mine (drc 27 ) but was in another hood (handyman henry's i think it was called)
and that's after several visits
hope that helps
janaba

Post by janaba »

Hi, everyone, I also deleted two avis and created a new one, janaba3, KI #166977 DRC(27) ... I do not intend to do the whole journey, at least not at once, more on a case by case basis or so, though I've got the books and city links so far and had fun to ride the harvester and grab that sparklie lol ... :P

I immediately had the luck to get the Bahro stone down by the Ferry Terminal, the one to Kadish behind the Library wasn't there today and I've had the same experience with the Descent stone as you all ... You grab that stone, beautiful picture, hotspot, and then you're linked into the black void and have to force quit, me at least ... The same happens with the link to Descent in the city book, and both times I had to force quit and both times my computer needed to log onto the shard twice ... Yeah, really, I force quit with Alt+F4 and with the task manager (from the black void), then I double-click the Minkata UruLauncher.exe, everything works fine and at the update position '0 seconds' it stops (no response) and I have to force quit again and login again, then everything works fine again ... :geek:

Oh, and I found a hood with the islands page ... The city has a max. population of 300 btw, wow ... That was it so far, everything else feels stable and safe by now and the Kadish leaves are still kickable etc. lol, I just had to do that lol ... Ok, have a great day everyone ... :D

Edit: Just in case it could be of use for you rarified or anyone, here's the log file ... :)
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Janaba, did you know that, when you're in the black void, if you're careful, you can work out where the relto book hotspot is, and then where the hotspot is once the book has opened, and voila, you can relto out of the void! 8-) Saves having to force a quit, but it is a bit tricky to do, you may need to try a few times before you catch it! :lol:

(Treehugger in Minkata)
ghaelen

Post by ghaelen »

Jaytee wrote:As per Mac's list of things to check with new avie.
1 all 3 stones were in the city.
2 the descent stone shows the black screen age
3 the relto page in the hood wasn't in mine (drc 27 ) but was in another hood (handyman henry's i think it was called)
and that's after several visits
hope that helps
I just tried also to get to Descent and it showed a black screen. Submitted a ticket just in case.
I also tried to get to Descent through the new City page and it led to blackness as well.
".... those things that are conceived in compassion are going to work....
.... those things that are conceived in unity are going to work...."

~Ancient Healer (maybe D'ni)

Moula3.2 KI #64299
OU Minkata KI #1504

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”