Testing the new update

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Re: Testing the new update

Post by rarified »

Thanks, I'll check some of the server logs the next chance I get to see if there is a clue whether it is on my side or yours.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
janaba

Post by janaba »

Hi, everyone, as Treehugger said her 'old avis' had no problem with Descent and Ghaelen now says that her 'old avi' has the same issue of that black screen, I just headed back into the cavern to try this out with my 'older avis', which I didn't do yesterday ... :P

Janaba, my very first avi (created in January 2012) gets the black void, both in Ae'gura and through the city book, but Janaba 1 (created in 05/2012) and 2 (created in 10/2012) can link there just fine through the book and in Ae'gura ... just so that you know ... :D

Would this log serve you somehow, it must be very small? ... :)

Ok, I just uploaded it, just in case ... Good night for now ... :P
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

rarified wrote:Thanks, I'll check some of the server logs the next chance I get to see if there is a clue whether it is on my side or yours.

_R
There are a couple of tickets in Hesk too, rarified - this issue has been present for a little while :(
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
rarified

Post by rarified »

Yah, that's why I need some time to look deeper. I've seen some database inconsistency errors in the past and I wonder if the Vault needs some cleanup.

If it does, I need to find out if I can just delete state from particular avatars without a larger scale reset (i.e. Vault wipe :shock:)

More as I figure things out.
_R
rarified

Post by rarified »

janaba wrote:Ok, I just uploaded it, just in case ... Good night for now ... :P
Thanks, Janaba! That will help get me get oriented to match your activities to the server!

This is a sign of a great canary! :mrgreen:
_R
hhhenry

Post by hhhenry »

My old established account can't access the shaft either. That was true last month also. I intend to make a new player and go thru (most) of the whole thing.
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

Late to the testing party, but confirming that as of today, a new avatar using the Bahro stone to Descent got the black screen as did my original avatar using the page in the City Book. Since it seems to be well-documented already, I'm not going to file a bug report unless Rarified says it will be helpful. If that's the case, I'll be happy to test all five avatars, trying both routes. Just let me know.
rarified

Post by rarified »

I'm behind on finding time to dig into these, but keep chugging as you guys can, it's great information.

Tai', you did right, I don't need another bug/issue on it right now. Let me work with the data I have already.

Thanks!
_R
hhhenry

Post by hhhenry »

I've done about all the testing I can without partners. All of Yeeshas path; POTS but not sphere 4 or the drop; all the sparks except two; All of Minkata and the pods (to include feathers and gates but not seeing critters) I skipped the final long zero marker missions. I have all other pages including the dock and all clothes I can get to. I also clicked on all documents and anything else that was clickable.
hhhenry

Post by hhhenry »

Did all the testing as before. Skipped the feathers. Nothing has changed. Shaft doesn't work but everything else I can test alone does.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”