Minkata Shard Update December 14th, 2015 (Build 82, updated to Build 88)

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Re: Minkata Shard Update December 14th, 2015 (Build 82)

Post by rarified »

charura wrote:
rarified wrote:...
Well, don't waste any more time doing the same thing. Let me look at the log, and I will give you the name of a particular file that I would like you to check the properties on (both in the UruLive folder and the Minkata folder).
Since this was written a few days ago and I haven't heard anything, I'd go along with the vault wipe to save rarified anymore wasted time on my issue...Maybe it'll help?
Sorry for being slow; I've been in RL for a bit. A vault wipe won't help your situation charura, and I'm just building/uploading a new client to fix one of the other issues right now. After that I'll go back in the logs and find the file I want you to check for me.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

I'm the first one to be on Minkata 85 I guess. I was so surprise not seeing any news regarding it.

Now I know why! :D
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
rarified

Post by rarified »

Six minutes into the 25 minute process.

Not that anyone is counting... :roll:

_R
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

OK - so I've deleted another avvie to make a new Minkata85 one - and the deletion pause lasted 18 sec this time, so I guess it wasn't that problem that the new version of Minkata was trying to fix :roll:

Looking forward to being told what to test now!
Mac_Fife wrote: On the other hand, "mature" avvies can get through some of the testing faster since they have access to most if not all of the ages, Relto pages, etc., on top of which there's a risk that some testers might be put off by having to "run the ages" yet again. Some have done a lot of that already across various shards, and it's easy to weary of it.
It's quite easy to weary of it at the moment, with a new Gehn (or two, depending on whether hotfixes count) and two new Minkatas in quick succession :lol: But so long as they don't come thick and fast, I for one don't mind starting a new avvie from scratch each time.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
hhhenry

Post by hhhenry »

NO! Problem still remains
As I said, you can get all the way to the end of Teledahn, setting the gates.
BUT when you try to come back to set the gates to get to the book that goes to Sharper's spy hole, the controls are numb.
D'Lanor

Post by D'Lanor »

Treehugger wrote:OK - so I've deleted another avvie to make a new Minkata85 one - and the deletion pause lasted 18 sec this time, so I guess it wasn't that problem that the new version of Minkata was trying to fix :roll:
My deletion delay for a new avatar was only two seconds. Anyway, I don't think this is a new issue. Just something that has never had our focus before.

The "failed to launch patcher" issue has not been fixed either in build 85.
rarified

Post by rarified »

D'Lanor wrote:The "failed to launch patcher" issue has not been fixed either in build 85.
Yah, that was what was targeted in #85, but it turned out I didn't copy the fixed patch properly to the build system.

Build #87 should have that fix, is now built, and I will deploy it after dinner (another hour or two).

_R
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

hhhenry wrote:NO! Problem still remains
As I said, you can get all the way to the end of Teledahn, setting the gates.
BUT when you try to come back to set the gates to get to the book that goes to Sharper's spy hole, the controls are numb.
Hi, hhhenry, as I said, I got the wall cupboard to open with no problem when I did it properly. So, to be clear, I set the floor traps once, to get through the gates, then I came back and set them the second way to get the book. I did it each time by moving stones onto the floor traps.

I'm not sure what you mean by "numb", but I'm guessing that you were pulling the levers, rather than kicking the stones? I didn't try that way.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
rarified

Post by rarified »

Ok, build #87 has been pushed. D'Lanor's problem where the client does not locate the patcher should be resolved.

I'll start work on charura's issue in the morning.

_R
hhhenry

Re: Minkata Shard Update December 14th, 2015 (Build 82, updated to Build 87)

Post by hhhenry »

OK Got it working again, both ways, stones and levers. It wasn't working and, while testing, I removed a stone. When I put it back, everything went back to normal.
I have now tested this build thru most everything, pods, Minkata, etc

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”