Minkata Shard Update December 14th, 2015 (Build 82, updated to Build 88)

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Marten

Re: Minkata Shard Update December 14th, 2015 (Build 82, updated to Build 88)

Post by Marten »

charura wrote:And I'm still having the same problems....don't know why I'm the only one..weird...able to access URU-off-line via CD and DVD, URU Drizzled, Deep Island shard, Gehn shard, TOC shard, and MOUL(a) On-Line...I'm going to hand this over to my uncle who takes care of the computer for me......
As I understand things, if you were to try to set up Minkata using files freshly copied from MOULa today, it won't work because Minkata does not yet have the clothing that Cyan added to their server. This will cause an error. You would need a copy of MOULa from prior to the clothing update.

Asking your uncle is a good idea (as no-one else is having this issue except you, and that points to a local problem on your end), but I recommend waiting until after we fix the inconsistency between MOULa files and Minkata files.
The music is reversible, but time is not.
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

Should work fine with a recent copy.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

To elaborate, I received a support request to resolve this issue for a new installation:

Code: Select all

File not  found on server:
Data\dat\minkata_District_minkDistCraterPhysicals.prp.gz
Error downloading file from server, exiting....
I initially thought it was a corrupted MOULa file copied over, but then received the impression that it was a clothing problem.
Perfect speed is being there.
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

I agree with your initial assessment--a missing or corrupted MOULa file.
rarified

Post by rarified »

I just finished an inventory of the files Minkata requires to be originals from MOULa, and the only ones that Minkata will update are the clothing PRP files. Since the Minka server(s) have using files a few months out of date, the ones copied to your Minkata installation folder will be overwritten when the Minkata updater runs, and the Minkata client should be happy with the rest of the content from MOULa.

What that means is you should be able to install a new copy of Minkata using an currently up-to-date set of files from MOULa and successfully play on Minkata. The only surprise is that you won't see the most recent clothing additions that appeared in MOULa when playing on Minkata. That will be fixed in the next day or so.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
rarified

Post by rarified »

Christian Walther wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:53 pm I have started looking into these issues:

To investigate further, rarified needs to check the following things on the server:

• Linking to a hood should cause an entry like the following in the MOSS backend log (it’s the fourth last MSGS entry for me):

1486220571.280205  MSGS backend: VAULT_SET_AGE_PUBLIC 16800637 to public
• Use

select nodeid, modifytime, int32_1, string64_4, text_1 from ageinfo where string64_2 = 'Neighborhood' and int32_2 = 1 order by modifytime desc;
to inspect the public hood list. The linking should have updated the modifytime to the current date.

Also, to make sure we are looking at the same code, check whether you have any local changes in the areas of getpublicagelist() in moss.sql or VaultSetAgePublic_Request in db_requests.h .
I have confirmed the modify time has been updated correlating to VAULT_SET_AGE_PUBLIC backend operations (not on my visit this morning, but on recent events from others on Minkata), and that the backend nodeid in the log and the DB entry match.
I have just reproduced this and attached a debugger. I can see where it’s crashing in the disassembly. Unfortunately the foundry is being slow and I haven’t succeeded in obtaining the PDB from Jenkins yet. Will continue investigation later.
Jenkins has had trouble initiating the Windows build recently and I've had to finish the build manually. Which has resulted in Jenkins failing to collect the artifacts. I can send you the PDB for Minkata.100 out of band.

_R
rarified

Post by rarified »

Marten wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:41 am ...
As I understand things, if you were to try to set up Minkata using files freshly copied from MOULa today, it won't work because Minkata does not yet have the clothing that Cyan added to their server. This will cause an error. You would need a copy of MOULa from prior to the clothing update.
Minkata will allow your Minkata client to downgrade the clothing to the last update I have from the past (although I'm working to sync up with MOULa now). So a fresh installation of Minkata from current MOULa files should work.

_R
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

rarified wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:30 pmI have confirmed the modify time has been updated correlating to VAULT_SET_AGE_PUBLIC backend operations (not on my visit this morning, but on recent events from others on Minkata), and that the backend nodeid in the log and the DB entry match.
Good, that means that my code is working as intended. I don’t understand why that has no effect on the ordering of the Nexus list though. Even if the other hoods had modification times in the future, I would still expect some effect. Have you verified that your moss.sql has the order by modifytime DESC in getpublicagelist()? Otherwise, I wonder if there's something different in the Python code that receives the list from the server and displays it in the Nexus GUI.
I can send you the PDB for Minkata.100 out of band.
Thanks, no immediate need right now as the issue in question has been fixed.
rarified

Post by rarified »

Christian Walther wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:54 pm ... Have you verified that your moss.sql has the order by modifytime DESC in getpublicagelist()? Otherwise, I wonder if there's something different in the Python code that receives the list from the server and displays it in the Nexus GUI.
Actually it's ordered by nodeid:

... from ageinfo where string64_2 = v_filename and int32_2 = 1 order by nodeid DESC limit 50 ...
I wonder if I built the database with a pre-release MOSS schema. I was working with A'moaca' and CJkelly prior to everything getting out as open source.

I could redefine that function and see what happens. Let me know if you want to work with that.

_R

Postscript: I went and checked my various MOSS sources, and sure enough there are a fair number of differences between the moss.sql I used when populating Minkata and the repository copy of moss.sql. I'm going to have to look through it carefully to see what else is different. And whether the Minkata MOSS server matches the current SQL definitions -- there are some function declaration differences as well.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”