Minkata Shard Update December 14th, 2015 (Build 82, updated to Build 88)

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

hhhenry

Re: Minkata Shard Update December 14th, 2015 (Build 82, updated to Build 88)

Post by hhhenry »

That bug reporting seems to be a bit old - 3 years old referencing a 3 year old build. This logon problem has been discussed here before along with other bugs. This is not just a discussion of the authentication bug but of the build.
And, that problem updater was back today.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

I am merely flagging the bug reporting mechanism as another way of getting your problem drawn to the attention of the powers that be - posting on this forum doesn't seem to do quite so well. I reported our previous authentication problem using that mechanism, after waiting quite a white for a substantive response here - and I got a speedy reply.

I logged on successfully just now. I got error messages about the launcher as I did so - but I waited, and Minkata launched anyway. :roll:

(Treehugger in Minkata)
rarified

Post by rarified »

It's time to reanimate this thread!

The Descent issue has been resolved. I think the account-not-found issue is also fixed.

If charura is still around, I have not any answers for your issue, we need to work together in near real time to solve it.

Since Minkata.88 is a rebuild of the original Minkata.82 this thread was created to cover, could people revisit the first post to see what features were added or changed and re-confirm that they still have been fixed in this build. When I have a few confirmations I'll start work on pushing this build over to Cyan.

Thanks, and welcome back!
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Fired up a new avvie and am playing through everything just to check. I'm still getting the "urulauncher.exe has stopped working" error as I start up the game but by ignoring the error message I can still play OK. Confirmed that Descent is now working fine. I got stuck on the fish tank in Teledahn and had to close the game down but that's a known issue if I remember correctly. Will carry on playing through and will also check on the specific Build 82/88 issues as per the OP.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
hhhenry

Post by hhhenry »

I've built a new explorer and run through everything I can alone, sparks, pod gates, Minkata, Gt Zero as far as getting to the back room. Everything I checked works. Win 7
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

I've now played through everything apart from door runs.
[Lyrositor] Fix KI chat scrolling issues
This fixes a common gripe with KI chat, which has a tendency to scroll down when someone else sends a chat message, even if you have scrolled up.
Tested - seems to work properly now, text stayed put rather than jumping to the new message
[D'Lanor] Add additional confirmation to perform an Avatar delete
Suppose you want to quit MOULa but instead of the quit button you hit the delete button by mistake? (which after all is only a few pixels away) You see a confirmation dialog but since you are under the impression that you are quitting you confirm without reading it... And oops, there goes the avatar that took you many days, even months, to build. Apparently this happens more often than you may think. See this discussion on the MOULa forums: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26127
I modified the python script so that it now displays a second confirmation dialog after the first one. A user who has hit the wrong button should then notice that the game is not quitting and (hopefully) pay attention to the message onscreen.
Also fixes a problem with the hotspot and highlight colors going crazy after canceling an avatar deletion.
How to test: 1. Create a test avatar 2. Log out 3. Select the test avatar and hit delete 4. In the first confirmation dialog press "Yes" 5. In the second confirmation dialog press "Cancel". Your test avatar should still be there. 6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 7. In the second confirmation dialog press "Yes". Your test avatar should be gone.
second confirmation is displaying correctly; and when avvie was actually deleted, nothing went crazy
[D'Lanor] Add /deletefolder command to delete Journal folders
Some of the MOULa ages had their names changed through fan fixes. This has left early MOULa avatars with obsolete age journal folders. And apparently on MOULa the KI can also get filled with nonsense age journal folders if you visit the fun house or make use of bots. Just to be clear: Age journal folders are the folders holding your KI notes, images and marker games.
The /deletefolder command allows you to delete those redundant age journal folders from your KI. It does not touch any other type of KI folder, nor does it remove the Incoming folder, which would be bad(tm).
How to test: To delete a folder named Bevin for example type /deletefolder Bevin
I deleted my folder named Bevin and it said it had been deleted. Afraid I'm not sure how to check that it's true!
[Christian Walther] Bump a public neighborhood to top of list when someone links to it
... Public neighborhoods that are in active use stay (near the top) on the list in the Nexus, even after their owners disappear (as is the case for the numerous dedicated Delin & Tsogal hoods that have been made over time.)
This did NOT seem to be working I'm afraid - all the "Bevins" (sic) are appearing in REVERSE numerical order (ie largest numbernevest hood at the top) in the Nexus. One of my avvies belongs to "Bevin" 11 but visiting this hood several times didn't make it rise to the top
[Adam Johnson, Christian Walther] Improve text rendering (fonts) in KI settings pages
[This makes] the text of the mini KI (player list and chat) better readable on light and patterned backgrounds. [It also removes the text shadowing on Big KI pages for better readability]
the text seems very readable in a variety of lighting conditions, good job!
[Christian Walther] Don't crash when http://support.cyanworlds.com is not available when starting game
This fixes the crash that keeps Windows 7 users out of the game when support.cyanworlds.com is down
not able to test this
[Mac_Fife] Fix for forgotten logins when removable media attached
This fixes the problem where your saved login/password disappears (seemingly out of the blue), but was related to how the game was trying to ignore removable media on the machine where the game is installed.
didn't lose saved login, despite plugging in an expansion drive
[Christian Walther] Replace non-ASCII characters in C++ files
This fix is internal code changes not visible to the player
not tested
[Christian Walther]Fix stuck-in-intro-cave bug
Fix the bug where a new player is stuck in the intro cave with the rotating wall until it occurs to them to press the esc key.
not tested, as not a new player
Note: There still is a vault issue with the Descent age. Linking there will likely take you to a blank screen which will be difficult to get out of. I'll announce when that issue is resolved.
as already reported, Descent is now fine, well done!

Other known issues - I have already reported: 1) getting frequent error messages from the launcher, but the game starts ok all the same; 2) getting stuck on the fish tank. New known issue: 3) I also had trouble with the vogondola chair - when playing on my good laptop (win10), the avvie was always floating beneath the chair at the end of the ride, and I couldn't complete the age - I failed three times. I swapped to my old laptop (win7) and the avvie floated above the chair, but not so badly that I couldn't complete it.

edited - to clarify the nexus hood order observation
Last edited by Treehugger on Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Thanks for the fairly comprehensive test report. Yes, a couple of those things aren't easy to test, but I guess what is maybe most interesting are the things that don't work (or don't appear to). That gives a bit of focus on what we need to check and what any other testers should look out for. Some further confirmation would be good.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

I have started looking into these issues:
Treehugger wrote:
[Christian Walther] Bump a public neighborhood to top of list when someone links to it …
This did NOT seem to be working I'm afraid - all the "Bevins" (sic) are appearing in REVERSE numerical order (ie largest numbernevest hood at the top) in the Nexus. One of my avvies belongs to "Bevin" 11 but visiting this hood several times didn't make it rise to the top
I can confirm that it isn’t working – neither does manually toggling a hood private/public bump it to the top of the list. To investigate further, rarified needs to check the following things on the server:

• Linking to a hood should cause an entry like the following in the MOSS backend log (it’s the fourth last MSGS entry for me):

Code: Select all

1486220571.280205  MSGS backend: VAULT_SET_AGE_PUBLIC 16800637 to public
• Use

Code: Select all

select nodeid, modifytime, int32_1, string64_4, text_1 from ageinfo where string64_2 = 'Neighborhood' and int32_2 = 1 order by modifytime desc;
to inspect the public hood list. The linking should have updated the modifytime to the current date.

Also, to make sure we are looking at the same code, check whether you have any local changes in the areas of getpublicagelist() in moss.sql or VaultSetAgePublic_Request in db_requests.h .
Treehugger wrote:I'm still getting the "urulauncher.exe has stopped working" error as I start up the game but by ignoring the error message I can still play OK.
I have just reproduced this and attached a debugger. I can see where it’s crashing in the disassembly. Unfortunately the foundry is being slow and I haven’t succeeded in obtaining the PDB from Jenkins yet. Will continue investigation later.
charura

Post by charura »

And I'm still having the same problems....don't know why I'm the only one..weird...able to access URU-off-line via CD and DVD, URU Drizzled, Deep Island shard, Gehn shard, TOC shard, and MOUL(a) On-Line...I'm going to hand this over to my uncle who takes care of the computer for me......
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Thanks so much for the update, Christian - I hadn't read your post when we chatted in Minkata.

(Treehugger in Minkata)

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”