Brief Minkata downtime Wed December 23 2015

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Treehugger

Re: Brief Minkata downtime Wed December 23 2015

Post by Treehugger »

so near but yet so far - it's stalled at 5 sec to go, 0.1mb remaining. Maybe it has finished but just didn't close properly. I'll leave it a bit longer just in case, then force it to close and see if it'll launch.

Update - yes, it had worked, though I had to force it to close - and I'm finally in! Now to check whether Gahreesen rotation is jerky with this laptop, which was what I undertook to do.

Good luck, Charura!

Thanks, Adam, Mac, Christian and rarified! :mrgreen:

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I've seen that happen (a long time ago) but never figured out why. Like you, it was OK when re-started.

Edit:
It's interesting that you had to download msvcr71.dll to get the initial launcher to run... I thought we'd nailed that one a long time ago :? . Anyway, since that was always a file that the application distributor was supposed to provide and because our knowledgebase article on that subject was pointing to the wrong file ( :oops: ) AND it was on one of those dodgy download sites, I've taken a copy of the DLL from my .NET Framework SDK, copied it to my own server and updated the article to point there instead.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

Chaura, update your MOULa install and copy the dat folder from there to the Minkata folder.
charura

Post by charura »

I totally blew away both installations, shut down, and re-started.. Then re-installed Moul(a) [It also asked for those pesky dlls MSCVP71 and MSCVR71}...It works fine... Made my new folder for Minkata, added those dlls, and the Uru launcher provided via Mac and VOILA!!! Same errors as my above post...
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

I am confused. Did it work or not? "VIOLA" implies it did. :?
charura

Post by charura »

'Same errors as above' implies it did not...Sorry, I thought viola was a musical instrument so I spelled it the other way... American here :oops:

Files/Folders in my Moul(a) install ... this works:

Files/Folders in my Minkata install ... this doesn't:

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”