Adding Fan Content to Minkata -- Implementation

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Treehugger

Re: Adding Fan Content to Minkata -- Implementation

Post by Treehugger »

Thanks, rarified, sorry to hear, hope your dog gets well soon. :)

It was actually the Beta server/shard AGM announcement I was thinking of - we were all to be invited to sign up and get testing "soon" - but have I missed this happening?

(Treehugger in Minkata)
rarified

Post by rarified »

No, you didn't miss an announcement -- it's still in the "soon" box.

Now where did I put it? :oops:

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Hello,

Yes me too I'm wondering when we will get the chance to explore new fan ages ("new" as already visited countless times elsewhere :lol: ) on Minkata Beta Shard? For now I'll update my Minkata shard client to jump from .82 to .120.

EDIT ON THE LAST SECOND because of rarified's post... Ah ok. Well. I'll keep exploring them elsewhere for the time being.
Annabelle-Sophie KI 4247 & Annabelle KI 5152 both members of DRC (2) :) & the lovable Grr KI 106414 sole member of Grr's Hood
J'Kla

Post by J'Kla »

OK I'm in.

rarified showed me where the linking book was.

I have been talking with JW and rarified refrence porting my three main ages Enobmort Nilodnam and Noidrocca to a MOULa/Moss format using the Korman addon for Blender.

Enobmort has become a new age Abmortoxas and the migration has hit issues because some of the elements have bugs in the TpotS (The path of the Shell) export which at this time is my only option for testing.

Hence my interest in Minkata also I want to explore multi avatar puzzles something I can't investigate in TpotS.

Now these ages are all huge, so what I was going to do was build three very basic ages to allow for a step-wise incremental build, for example the first age would be a closed box with a link in point a light source.

With these small ages we/I could debug the process and I would also undertake to document the process so that age builders following would have a breadcrumb trail to follow.

I write user (idiot) guides that are noted for their attention to explicit detail and note I am safe calling them idiot guides because I consider myself as the idiot.

I would like to add My experimental ages will be public and open source I will create three new names and register the prefix sequences.

I will make the source Blender code and textures available for these ages.

Every one of my textures was created using photographs of rock/timber/mud that I took with my own fair hands so there can be no licence issues with textures.

I have noted that this thread has been silent for nine months so I am hoping I can implement a resurgence in its use.

Just in case you don't know I have a bit of a history when it comes to Uru modification, back in the days of Until Uru myself together with extreme Python skills provided by D'lanor we added what I suspect was the first new content to Uru that was not clothing or a bug fix.

That is a story for another thread but I would like it noted that I have been exploring Uru since the Ubisoft admin error. Take it as read I know my way around the ages. ;-)

[Edit]
OK I have registered 3 Sequence prefixes

10206 Abmiram1
10207 Abmiram2
10208 Abmiram3

These will be the grossly simplified test ages. ;)
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Great to hear, J'Kla :mrgreen: will you be needing any testers on the staging server? Do let us know :lol:

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

Appreciated initiative, J'Kla, but are you aware of this roadblock to running Korman-generated ages on Minkata and MOULa? As fas as I am concerned, it is uncertain whether and when anyone will have time and inclination to get that out of the way.
J'Kla

Post by J'Kla »

OK this is the Roadblock Christian was referencing.
Hoikas wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:22 pm Ages produced by Korman 0.06 will not be able to function on the OpenURU client. You will want to backport H-uru/Plasma #533 for ages to function. Also, #555 is required for Korman produced subworlds to function.

These changes enable us to reduce our dependency on PhysX moving forward, indeed, the artist is now able to produce ages using Blender x64.
Now in the e-mail exchange I was having with rarified just before I popped up here it was mentioned that Doobes had sent in an age for testing and it had crashed.

I know the following is naughty being a quote from an e-mail but I am sure you will see that it is relevant
rarified e-mail wrote: The first attempts to access Doobes' age failed with a client crash (as far as I could tell the MOSS server correctly served the age files, but there was something in the way the age was built that tickled a problem with the CWE client). At that point I needed to take time for other tasks and was not able to pick up on it until last month.
I was just wondering could this be a manifestation of the Roadblock that Hoikas quoted and Christian referenced.
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

I suspect not because that export was made before Korman 0.06, but I have never completely debugged it.
rarified

Post by rarified »

I too cannot say either way. I have not yet incorporated the H'uru change sets into the Minkata client, but that is on my list. Maybe even soon... I've had to bring up the build engine yesterday to get more symbol table artifacts for debugging.

Has to wait though until my prophylactic hardware update is complete.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
J'Kla

Post by J'Kla »

How about we figure out a way to get my small test age into to you so we can start experimenting?

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”