Minkata Shard Update March 25, 2017 -- Build #100

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Minkata Shard Update March 25, 2017 -- Build #100

Post by rarified »

I'm happy to announce a new update to the Minkata shard: Build 100. It's been a long time...

Build 100 is ready for you to use. If you already have installed the Minkata client, just run the launcher as usual and it will update any files on your machine that require updates. If you have not installed the Minkata client and are interested in testing, visit http://foundry.openuru.org and follow the instructions about accessing the Minkata Testing Shard.

This build is yet another increment to Build 82 which had not yet been installed on the MOULa servers. But there is a rumor circulating that a time window for sending an update to Cyan may open ... soon ... so it will be helpful to get as much testing time in on this latest build as soon as we can.
  • Update May 15, 2017:
    Yet one more change. This was a change to make some source code clearer, but did require a rebuild to check it. Same thing to test as last update: simply make sure you can log into Minkata.
  • Update April 21, 2017:
    One more change has been incorporated into Minkata regarding the "Need an account?" button, as well as the login process. This change will standardize the way your password is validated so all the shards can use the same programming code. This is for build Minkata.120. The only item to check now is that you are still able to successfully log into the Minkata shard. Everything else is the same as in build Minkata.100. Thanks for your help!
  • Update April 2, 2017:
    To verify our final submission to Cyan, the client version has been bumped to Minkata.112. The changes are the same, but the build was re-done after some cleanup of the source repositories. Otherwise, the rest of this update remains the same.
Below is a summary of the changes appearing in this update (since MOULa was updated to Build 918.OpenUru#131 and including those in builds 82 and 88) but Christian may correct me and/or provide more details about each feature:

Changes new to Build 100:
  • [Mac Fife] Change to password hashing
    Precursor to restoring account creation. Remove conditional on email domain for password hashing. This is only a client modification needed to interface to new code being worked on to reenable Account Creation on MOULa.
  • [Christian Walther] Fix Client crash/hang for HTTP
    This fixes situations where the client would crash or hang if the server providing the status message is not responding when the game is started.
  • [rarified] Repair Descent Age
    Fixed the database corruption preventing an Avatar from successfully linking into Descent, particularly affected new Avatars.
Changes from Builds 82 and 88:
  • [Lyrositor] Fix KI chat scrolling issues
    This fixes a common gripe with KI chat, which has a tendency to scroll down when someone else sends a chat message, even if you have scrolled up.
  • [D'Lanor] Add additional confirmation to perform an Avatar delete
    Suppose you want to quit MOULa but instead of the quit button you hit the delete button by mistake? (which after all is only a few pixels away) You see a confirmation dialog but since you are under the impression that you are quitting you confirm without reading it... And oops, there goes the avatar that took you many days, even months, to build. Apparently this happens more often than you may think. See this discussion on the MOULa forums: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26127
    I modified the python script so that it now displays a second confirmation dialog after the first one. A user who has hit the wrong button should then notice that the game is not quitting and (hopefully) pay attention to the message onscreen.
    Also fixes a problem with the hotspot and highlight colors going crazy after canceling an avatar deletion.
    How to test: 1. Create a test avatar 2. Log out 3. Select the test avatar and hit delete 4. In the first confirmation dialog press "Yes" 5. In the second confirmation dialog press "Cancel". Your test avatar should still be there. 6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 7. In the second confirmation dialog press "Yes". Your test avatar should be gone.
  • [D'Lanor] Add /deletefolder command to delete Journal folders
    Some of the MOULa ages had their names changed through fan fixes. This has left early MOULa avatars with obsolete age journal folders. And apparently on MOULa the KI can also get filled with nonsense age journal folders if you visit the fun house or make use of bots. Just to be clear: Age journal folders are the folders holding your KI notes, images and marker games.
    The /deletefolder command allows you to delete those redundant age journal folders from your KI. It does not touch any other type of KI folder, nor does it remove the Incoming folder, which would be bad(tm).
    How to test: To delete a folder named Bevin for example type /deletefolder Bevin
  • [Christian Walther] Bump a public neighborhood to top of list when someone links to it
    ... Public neighborhoods that are in active use stay (near the top) on the list in the Nexus, even after their owners disappear (as is the case for the numerous dedicated Delin & Tsogal hoods that have been made over time.)
  • [Adam Johnson, Christian Walther] Improve text rendering (fonts) in KI settings pages
    [This makes] the text of the mini KI (player list and chat) better readable on light and patterned backgrounds. [It also removes the text shadowing on Big KI pages for better readability]
  • [Christian Walther] Don't crash when http://support.cyanworlds.com is not available when starting game
    This fixes the crash that keeps Windows 7 users out of the game when support.cyanworlds.com is down
  • [Mac_Fife] Fix for forgotten logins when removable media attached
    This fixes the problem where your saved login/password disappears (seemingly out of the blue), but was related to how the game was trying to ignore removable media on the machine where the game is installed.
  • [Christian Walther] Replace non-ASCII characters in C++ files
    This fix is internal code changes not visible to the player
  • [Christian Walther]Fix stuck-in-intro-cave bug
    Fix the bug where a new player is stuck in the intro cave with the rotating wall until it occurs to them to press the esc key.

Have fun, and reply to this topic with any issues you find!
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Christian Walther

Re: Minkata Shard Update March 25, 2017 -- Build #100

Post by Christian Walther »

The list of changes on the wiki, which was quite out of date, has been updated, and I would suggest making further additions there rather than in forum posts, because it can be edited by all contributors.
Jaytee

Post by Jaytee »

Build 100 very nice
deleted old avie and started new one
logged in fine
no messages before or after loggin
and went to descent from Ae'gura and from relto book worked fine
well done everybody
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

As noted in the wiki, and as reported by me on the previous build, the ordering of the hoods in the Nexus list isn't working, but so far everything else I have tried seems fine.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
rarified

Post by rarified »

Ok, folks. We have found the hood bump problem, and I believe it is repaired on Minkata. If our testers can confirm this with your favorite method of reproducing the problem I would appreciate it.

We've locked the current state of this update from any further changes, and absent any new revelations will be delivering it to Cyan soon.

Thanks for your work with testing!
_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Yay, the Hoods are ordering correctly for me now! Making my Hood private and then public jumps it to the top of the list, and visiting a hood also has the same effect. Logging out of one account, and logging into my second account, the ordering carries over correctly.

Well done rarified, CW and all! :D

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Jaytee

Post by Jaytee »

Same as Treehugger even going to my oldest avie the list of hoods changed as they should . Nice job, :D

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”