What if i do not have an existing MOULagain installation folder

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Cennie

What if i do not have an existing MOULagain installation folder

Post by Cennie »

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum, but not URU LIve. I"ve not been for some time so my account has been wiped which means i cannot go back to the cavern.

I would like to install the Minkata setup but w/o the existing MOULagain installation folder .. what do i do?

Cennie
JWPlatt

Re: What if i do not have an existing MOULagain installation folder

Post by JWPlatt »

You'll have to get the MOULa client (see the link on the "Cavern Status" line above), install it, and run it to get the MOULa content. You do not need a MOULa account. You only need to run the client once. Then click the "Play" button in the menu above and follow the instructions.

Please refer to this thread for some more detail:
viewtopic.php?f=108&t=685
Perfect speed is being there.
Cennie

Post by Cennie »

You are AWESOME JW..

Thank you for the help!

Cennie
Cennie

Post by Cennie »

That went well.. Avast drove me nuts.. finally got it leave the file alone then i get these two issuses

https://gyazo.com/3d5a0b1a098eb1b79499fe89c32bf3c8
https://gyazo.com/aca889cafe577a8a54a8593406323357

what did i do wrong?
rarified

Post by rarified »

The first error indicates not all of the files were downloaded properly from MOULa, or possibly they were not successfully copied from the MOULa folder to your Minkata folder. If Avast has been interfering with other parts of the download you might check the Avast logs to see if it blocked that file.

The second error indicates that there is a missing library needed for the Minkata C++ programs. More often than not that library has already been installed on a machine because it is needed by another program that was installed there, so it can be reused by Uru. But apparently not in your case.

I'm looking to make sure the initial program UruLauncher does not need that file, and that it can download a copy from the Minkata server when it is pulling all of the rest of the files needed for Minkata. This may take a little time. Bear with me. :oops:

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

The first error is going to stop you anyway until that is solved, but see this post from Cyan to fix your DLL issue:
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=28177
Perfect speed is being there.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

For the "File not found on server" issue, usually the best way to deal with that is to try to force the MOULa client to check and re-download any missing or damaged files. Go to the folder where you installed MOULa (not Minkata) and delete "TOS.txt", then run the MOULa client again. It should take a little while to check through the files on your machine and then download any files it needs. Once the client gets to the login panel, quit and then copy the dat and sfx folders over to your Minkata folder.

If you've also got the DLLs from the post that JW Platt linked to above and copied them into your Minkata folder, then you should be good to go.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Cennie

Post by Cennie »

Mac, did as you suggest.. deleted the TOS.txt.. d/l's another copy and started it up.. this time i get

https://gyazo.com/15020bcff1b303084dd11803fad23715

sighs..

I've gone over Avast and found nothing to suggest its stopping anything since i told it to leave the file alone..

Cennie
rarified

Post by rarified »

Just to be clear, is that message coming when running the MOULa launcher or the Minkata launcher?

One other thing to try... Run the launcher with Administrator privileges. Usually you can right click on the program, and in the pop up menu you will either see "Run as Administrator", or a link to a submenu "Run as..." which brings up the submenu that lets you also run it as Administrator. Could you try that?

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
Cennie

Post by Cennie »

that was MOULa w/ admin rights..

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”