Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

jamie marchant

Re: Avatar deletion

Post by jamie marchant »

Please let us know here when the change is made. I will test it at that time.
rarified

Post by rarified »

I managed to finish the build/update before venturing out on the streets.

Time for another test. The second warning panel about "Are you sure?" should show "WARNING(doubleclicked):..." if it detected a double click that changed which avatar gets deleted.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.
jamie marchant

Post by jamie marchant »

The double-click issue discussed here has indeed been fixed. I have however uncovered another issue. When wrappedly clicking during all stages of deletion, it is possible to select the wrong avatar. This is not a major problem as the red confirm text does point out this too you.(we have to make sure people read it). Unforchently this happened once, I can not reproduce the problem. I hope reporting may help uncover another issue with the login screen. At one point in this test, it seemed that more than one avatar was selected(had a blue outline around his picture). This could have been what caused my issue.
Hoikas

Post by Hoikas »

Could the fix be changed such that the startup GUI is disabled or hidden once the "Delete Explorer" button is pressed? That way, it should be impossible to select anything...
jamie marchant

Post by jamie marchant »

The login UI is hidden when the dialogues are shown but I guess somehow they are still triggered? Or maybe I just did something strange?
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Yay, testing! Thanks, rarified!

I created and deleted some avvies just now using my Win 7 laptop and couldn't make anything wrong happen, though my double-click speed is not particularly fast :lol: .

You can make it APPEAR as though two avvies have been selected, of course, by selecting one and then hovering the mouse over the other. Might this be what you thought you saw, Jamie? I guess a player might confuse themselves that way, but as Jamie says, the red confirmation dialog should stop you from making a mistake.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
jamie marchant

Post by jamie marchant »

I normally use Linux but I do have Windows. For convenience, I tested on Linux but what I saw could be a Wine problem. So if nobody can reproduce it, we should ignore it.
hhhenry

Post by hhhenry »

This one is either back or still there. I got to the red box and it had the wrong avatar. Clicking around, next thing I know, I have no avatars. So, I have to rebuild. I have not had this problem before and I've created and deleted avatars since the last post here. Or perhaps not. This was my first encounter with the red box.
jamie marchant

Post by jamie marchant »

Hmm, it seems to work for most people, I wonder why it did not work for you. Maybe there is more too the thing I posted. (where it appears more then one avatar is selected)
rarified

Post by rarified »

hhhenry wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:35 am This one is either back or still there. I got to the red box and it had the wrong avatar. Clicking around, next thing I know, I have no avatars. So, I have to rebuild. I have not had this problem before and I've created and deleted avatars since the last post here. Or perhaps not. This was my first encounter with the red box.
The fix should be in Minkata. If you can reproduce the issue, let me know and I'll dig deeper.

If you can give me the time you lost your avatars, I'll look to see what has transpired on Minkata since then. If nobody has been there since, I can roll back the database/vault to before your deletion.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”