Updating weirdness with OpenUru#138

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

Chogon
Cyantist

Updating weirdness with OpenUru#138

Post by Chogon »

Hi all,

I've noticed something weird when updating with OpenUru#138. If a file needs to be updated, UruLauncher errors out with something to the effect of "Could not create file. Your harddrive must be full." I don't remember ever seeing this message before. Obviously, my harddrive was not full and I was already running as Administrator. Then I noticed the file was read only, which it has been for'ever. I set it to read/write and then UruLauncher did not fail and did the update.
I first saw this when I was getting on Minkata for the first time. But I see this on the Live server as well.
I don't remember this being a problem before, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the OpenUru#138 update.

You can test this quickly by:
1) change permissions on ReleaseNotes.txt to uncheck the "Read Only" flag
2) edit ReleaseNotes.txt and change anything in the file
3) change permissions on ReleaseNotes.txt back to "Read Only"
4) Run UruLauncher

I haven't looked to see what the cause of this is yet. But I wanted to see if there was anyone else seeing this.
And if others are seeing this, then we will need a post on MystOnline.com when everyone panics on the next update :-) :-) :-)

Thanks,
Mark
Treehugger

Re: Updating weirdness with OpenUru#138

Post by Treehugger »

Hi, Chogon, always happy to help test, but is this on MOULa, on the staging server or on Minkata where you need testing to be carried out?

Not sure if it's related but I hadn't updated Minkata to 121 on my Win10 laptop and found I can't - I'm hitting the same "hard drive must be full" error. I tried temporarily disabling Avast but that didn't help. No such problem on my Win7 laptop, and the staging server and MOULa are both working fine.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Chogon
Cyantist

Post by Chogon »

Thanks Treehugger!

The interesting thing would be what version did you already have on your Win10 laptop? It might be hard to determine. I realize that Minkata build 121 roughly corresponds to MOULa build #138. But Minkata has had more updates beforehand, so knowing when it started might help track it down.

As far as my testing, I have been able to repro the "...harddrive full" bug on Minkata (I copied my MOULa #138 directory and ran the Minkata UruLauncher in the copied directory), on the Staging server (I was testing a clothing update) and on MOULa live (by doing the test procedure I noted in the first post of this thread).

If you want to get by the "...harddrive full" bug then go to the directory where you run UruLauncher, select all (control a), right click on one of the selected files, properties, remove checkmark from "Read-only", hit apply. Then run UruLauncher again.

Thanks,
Chogon
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Interesting... (maybe)...

I have no Read Only flag set on any files in either MOULa or Minkata installs, but I have both installed in a D: partition and away from the "protected" Program Files/Program Files (x86) folders. However, and it may be totally unrelated, I do notice an oddity between the Launcher and Explorer on Minkata where the version IDs don't match (the build numbers do but the release labels don't):

Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

I have the identical experience: version mismatch on dialog, I'm on my D drive, no read-only files before or after update from 120 to 121.

I run the game as administrator in an account in the Administrators group.
Perfect speed is being there.
Chogon
Cyantist

Post by Chogon »

Well, I'm not sure how it happen but somehow my MOULa files became read-only. <shrugs> So, it looks like this is just one for the "Common Problems and how to solve them" thread.

Thanks!
Chogon
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Thanks, Chogon, maybe I do have build 121 and was just misled by the label being wrong.

In any event I can't overcome the "hard disk may be full" error with Minkata on my Win 10 laptop. I have followed your advice and tried everything I can, including setting everything to read-only and back again, but it is no use.

One thing I did notice was that when I right-click on the folder itself, it is labelled read-only, and when I uncheck that label and apply, the change doesn't "stick". However, none of the individual files in the folder shows up as read-only - and I have changed them as a batch, to be sure.

(Treehugger in Minkata)
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Ah, on the folder, is the Read Only box ticked or just filled in blue? The blue square is actually just "default" and doesn't mean read only, just that the files and folders below have mixed/undefined settings.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Treehugger

Post by Treehugger »

Thanks, Mac, maybe it's the default setting, then. It's an inner filled box, not a tick. But clicking on the inner box removes it.

If that's a red herring, then it's some other sort of permission problem but I can't work out what or where. :roll:

(Treehugger in Minkata)
rarified

Post by rarified »

I'll look into the version mismatch while I'm fixing the missing scripts. :oops:

Probably a manifest update problem.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”