Announce: Minkata needs update with MOULa

Discussions about the OpenUru.org Minkata test shard

Moderator: rarified

rarified

Announce: Minkata needs update with MOULa

Post by rarified »

With the addition of new content (the GoWIZ wardrobe) to MOULa, the new files on MOULa installations are out of sync with Minkata.

This means that new installations of Minkata that involve copying the files from an updated MOULa installation will not work, since Minkata's server still expects the old files to be on your computer, and doesn't know about the new files.

Existing Minkata installations currently work.

I will be preparing a Minkata update soon to start using the new MOULa files. Unfortunately, that means the tables are turned: new installations of Minkata will successfully run, but existing Minkata installations will not run and new files from an updated MOULa folder will need to be copied to the Minkata folder(s).

I'll make a general update announcement just before I pull the switch and change the server to use updated files. In the meantime, existing Minkata installations continue to work, but if you're attempting to install the Minkata client from scratch, you will have to wait for the update to the Minkata server.

Sorry for this situation. It emphasizes the need for some new functionality in the patcher to fall back on using the Cyan servers when there is a mismatch. Sometime in the (hopefully near) future.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.

Return to “OpenUru.org Minkata Test Shard”