Support Ticket System For OpenUru.org And The Foundry's Minkata Test Shard

Moderator: OpenUru.org Moderators

charura

What??

Post by charura »

rarified

Re: What??

Post by rarified »

Just my side of the story, but I think that was a misrepresentation of the circumstances.

The Foundry server (which includes the Minkata shards and account management) underwent a major operating system upgrade in January. Many parts of the web server that tie into the Minkata servers were changed, and some in incompatible ways. I did not have time to exercise all the functions of the account management system at the time.

When some individuals attempted to use the web pages for creating or changing accounts, the web server encountered an error. Because of a part missing from the update, some of those updated pieces created a record of the error on the server, and that record included all the information provided on the web page, including the password provided.

It only happened to people that encountered errors since January managing their accounts, and log files older than a week were discarded in any case.

The missing parts have been installed, the configuration updated, and the issue about the passwords being stored no longer exists.

There never was any persistent storage of people's clear passwords on the server.

I hope that can provide some sense of security and scale about the incident. Feel free to contact me for any further information.

_R
One of the OpenUru toolsmiths... a bookbinder.

Return to “Support”