Totally Ignored Subject...

Any Topic

Moderator: OpenUru.org Moderators

Nalates

Totally Ignored Subject...

Post by Nalates »

OK... it seems this ia major part of any MMO and as far as I can tell it has been completely ignored by our community.

Massively multiplayer online... boobs?
:lol:

Mod note: I've moved this thread to the Open Discussion forum. I think it fits here better...
Nalates
GoW, GoMa and GoA apprentice - Guildmaster GoC - SL = Nalates Urriah
Mac_Fife

Re: Totally Ignored Subject...

Post by Mac_Fife »

That's probably a reflection that our demographic doesn't map to the norm for MMOs ;)
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Rand says "push the slider to the right... no, to the right... more to the right... no, a lot more." Uru's slider was limited, which might explain things.
Perfect speed is being there.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I found it slightly amusing that Nalates posted this thread while using a forum avatar that hints towards those box covers referred to in the article :) .
JWPlatt wrote:Rand says "push the slider to the right... no, to the right... more to the right... no, a lot more." Uru's slider was limited, which might explain things.
Yeah, I could never get the "Build" slider to go far enough to the right to make my avvie adequately representative :D . It wants a "Zandi Mode" checkbox to adjust the scaling :lol: Maybe the modelling or texture wrapping breaks down badly if you stretch things too far. Or maybe my shirt buttons would just pop off (hmm... maybe that's what happened to Zandi's shirt...).

But more seriously, although there continues to be comments about limited hair options, or the lack of height adjustment, etc., I don't actually recall that many complaints about the body shape controls. It was mentioned, but it didn't come across as something that people felt all that strongly about. I think that's because the Uru player base includes a lot more people outside of the teenage/early-twenties age group than would be attracted to most other MMOs. Maybe I'm wrong on both counts.
Mac_Fife
Nalates

Post by Nalates »

It has been entirely too quiet on forum and this is funny, imo. And the demographic for most MMO's is 15 to 35 males.

By SL standards this AV has not made it to box cover proporations... ty. :lol:

My experience is there was a mix of women that thought the t-shirt in Uru was too revealing and were somewhat embarrassed and looking for something with less breast emphasis.

Hair has been and is a big thing in SL. It is a major business because women like to have nice hair and change it. Many would like to see that addition MOOS.

I would not say the same for having a breast size slider that goes from none to blimps. However in SL there are Bouncy Boobs (they really jiggle) that could pass for flotation devices that could have saved the Titanic. Fortunately they are more of a novelty than something in high demand. So, changing the AV is probably not all that important.

However... now that many fans have played in other worlds... we may hear more complaints when we get back in Cavern.

Oh... and you did see Chogon's announcement this morning? (on MOUL)
Nalates
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Nalates wrote:Oh... and you did see Chogon's announcement this morning? (on MOUL)
Errm... No. I'd actually stopped looking for announcements on MOUL as there never were any :) I've seen references to that tie-up on few of the other sites during this week; GoMe and URUObsession, for example.

And Chogon hinted at something back in June on MOUL:
Chogon wrote:On a different note: Cyan has been working with another company on something (slightly but completely) different. Of course, I can't reveal anything yet but hopefully something will be available late summer, this year. I know that is coming up quickly and it is taking all of our energies.
Hopefully it all means money in the bank for Cyan.
Mac_Fife
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Nalates wrote:MOOS
I'm thinking of adding this particular acronym to the filtered words list and enabling the feature here on OpenUru.org.

:P

Oops, sorry, off topic. Heh.
Nalates

Post by Nalates »

So.... I can't say MOOS :cry:

Will M :shock: S or M :idea: :idea: S or something like that work better... :?:

If I thought it really bothered you I could use something else here... :?

This is a topic about boobs... you have to know it had no place to go but downhill.
Nalates
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Yeah, age will do that.
:lol:
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

On a (slightly) related theme, I came across these lyrics, curiously enough by "The Guild", "Do You Wana Date My Avatar?":

http://www.lyricsreg.com/lyrics/the+gui ... My+Avatar/
Mac_Fife

Return to “Open Discussion”