Domain & Project Announcements

Discussions about administration, management, technology and development

Moderator: OpenUru.org Moderators

JWPlatt

Domain & Project Announcements

Post by JWPlatt »

I'm going to start laying out some announcements to post on the forum as soon as I can, which I hope is sooner than later. I also need do something for the domain announcement in general. Jamey's MOUL Project announcement should stick to his specific project with some brief refererces to the domain, such as "...can be found on OpenURU.org, a new resource founded to explore and support Uru and Myst universe community projects and proposals." I'm hoping that by attracting more projects with web and storage space for use, all of them will benefit from a more populated and busy domain.

If you would like to review and discuss your announcements, please use this thread.
Perfect speed is being there.
JWPlatt

Re: Domain & Project Announcements

Post by JWPlatt »

One more thing: We should go through the Guilds whenever possible so they know this is not intended to bypass them. So, of course, our announcements can be fed to GoMe.
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

Well, then, perhaps I can be the official liasion from here to the Guild of Messengers. And, I will be glad to post the following announcement there which will then be sent out to the RSS feed and 20+ forums:

The project to develop a serious proposal for bringing back Uru has found a new home. The discussion begun by Jamey in a post on the Guild of Writers forum and continued by Tai’lahr on the MOUL forum can now be found on OpenURU.org, a new resource founded to explore and support Uru and Myst universe community projects and proposals: Jamey’s Project Introduction. Anyone can register to the site, but some of its forums may require being granted access by the project leader in order to post to them. That would be the case with Jamey’s proposal to Cyan, so if you want to post to this discussion, just contact either Jamey or Tai’lahr to be granted access.

If everyone is in agreement, I'll proceed.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Thanks! Based on that, my suggestions is (edits in blue):

The project to develop a serious proposal for bringing back Uru has found a new home. The discussion begun by Jamey in a post on the Guild of Writers forum and continued by Tai’lahr on the MOUL forum can now be found on OpenURU.org, a new resource founded to explore and support Uru and Myst universe community projects and proposals: Jamey’s Project Introduction. Anyone can register to the site. Some project forums may require membership access granted by the project leader to post.
If you want to contribute to the project discussions, please use your control panel to request membership or contact either Jamey or Tai’lahr.
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

Looks good, JW. Okay, just to clarify that I understand our status at the moment:
* I am to post this announcement on the thread at MOUL and to the GoMe for distribution, but I'm waiting on 1) you to tweek a few more things to make the forum ready for the public, and 2) Jamey to give his approval on the message.
* But, in the meantime, we can invite individuals to join the forum? And, if so, we instruct them to change their own status from Member to Registered User (in the User Control Panel under Usergroups) and then we - as officers - can upgrade them to join the MOUL Project, right? And, how do we do that?
Jamey

Post by Jamey »

With how the message looks so far, I think it looks good :)
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

1. Yes, I need to add some reading material to greet newcomers.

2. Yes, get Jamey's approval.

3. Invite indivuals.

4. Tell them to change their status from Registered Member (limited access) to Member (regular access).

5. Project leaders (Tai' and Jamey on MOUL Project) can approve memberships. I still have to work out what Officers can do. But right now you have full access to all forum features (including stickes and announcements).

6. Although it might appear from Chogon's post that a MOUL Project might become unnecessary, there is also a possibility that the MORE "landscape" could provide more opportunities for projects. So at this point, you folks might want to sit tight unless you'd like to help with domain business.
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Wow. Long time, no post.

rarified has inspired me with his MOUL post today.

I'd like to issue a newer release covering what's been done so far, what resources and tools we now offer (or almost offer - i.e. Project Management), and a very short summary of the people here with projects. I want to include names so OpenURU.org is shown to be something organic in the community and not just dry technology. Also, if you'll notice, I've been trying to balance the nature of projects when I can. Age building (David's Journey), community building (D'Uru), and creative writing (Writers Club) represent such efforts in addition to the business of Open Source URU. I hope they will maintain their passion.

I have ideas on what to write, but this is to let everyone contribute to the process. Feel free to make suggestions for the release.

I hope people find this post here. I guess it's sort of a test. All Members should be able to reply or post new topics here. Al Registered Members should be able to reply to existing threads (but they can put themselves into the full Members group). Please let me know if you cannot post.

Please remember this section is for everyone to discuss administration of this domain.

Return to “Domain Development”