Forum Updates

Forum Resource Management & Use (Policy, How To Post)

Moderators: OpenUru.org Moderators, Domain Managers

Christian Walther

Re: Updates

Post by Christian Walther »

Well, I noticed that some older posts have appeared in my feeds, and that there are some new feeds, but in general I can’t tell whether I like it any better since I don’t really understand yet which of the multitude of feeds contains which posts. I have never spent the time to figure that out, or which feeds to subscribe to in order to miss as few posts as possible while getting as few duplicates as possible.

But updates are good in any case! :)

Edit: Ah, it looks like the main feed (feed.php) now actually has the latest 10 posts of the forum, even though some of them are in the same threads. Very good! 8-)
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

There was a very quick update today to phpBB version 3.0.7-PL1 to close a security hole in news feeds.
Perfect speed is being there.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

phpBB has been updated to 3.0.8, including language packs.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

phpBB has been updated to 3.0.9, including language packs and styles.

If you do not see the OpenUru.org masthead, logo and site navigation menu at the top of the page, please enable the OpenUru style in your User Control Panel, Board Preferences tab. Select "openuru" for My board style. The OpenUru style uses ProSilver SE. It's really very nice, and the only style that supports our site naviagation and other extras.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The Common Word Threshold search restriction was annoying and unintended. It has been disabled and the search index has been rebuilt. You can now find common words between three and fourteen characters in length, inclusive, like "pellet" or "Cyan."

Search Flood Interval has been enabled and set to 5 seconds for members and guests.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am going to attempt a phpBB update this weekend. Maybe even today. Maybe even soon. (The challenge of the attempt is finding the time).

If the forums are down, that's why.

But Minkata is back up! w00t!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

phpBB has been updated to 3.0.10, including language packs and styles.

If you do not see the OpenUru.org masthead, logo and site navigation menu at the top of the page, please enable the OpenUru style in your User Control Panel, Board Preferences tab. Select "openuru" for My board style.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

phpBB has been updated to 3.0.11, including language packs and styles.

If you do not see the OpenUru.org masthead, logo and site navigation menu at the top of the page, please enable the OpenUru style in your User Control Panel, Board Preferences tab. Select "openuru" for My board style.
Christian Walther

Post by Christian Walther »

It would be nice to get an advance warning of such planned outages. I was just writing a post and wanted to preview it when I got the message “The OpenUru.org forums are down for maintenance and will reopen soon”. Luckily I was able to get my text back using the “back” button.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry. The Who Is Online list was checked and empty when the update started, so must have caught you proofreading a while.

Return to “Forums (phpBB)”