Forum Updates

Forum Resource Management & Use (Policy, How To Post)

Moderators: OpenUru.org Moderators, Domain Managers

janaba

Re: Updates

Post by janaba »

charura wrote:I hope I'm posting this in the proper area. After this update I'm no longer able to 'view new posts' as I was able to do previously. It's not a big thing but I have to scroll down through all the topics to find the latest post, as I did to find this. Is this one of the things that are still waiting to be fixed?
Charura, just click on 'Quick links' beneath the 'Cavern Status' ... :)
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Yes, that extra click on Quick Links to find the Unread option is something I'm not keen on, but its part of giving the forums a cleaner look.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
charura

Post by charura »

Thank you. I never would have tried that. :roll:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mac_Fife wrote:...Some things are still being tweaked... Mini, the baby Squee, has been present on some of the web pages ever since CWE was released into open source, but she was very shy. She started being a bit more overt a few months ago.
As the site navigation header and menu stabilize, Mini is getting more bold. She appears on all pages but the forum and wiki - so far...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The forums and main site pages are now sharing the same header with banner, menu, and cavern status. Some reorganization of the code and assets was done at the same time. The Foundry and wiki are next, in no particular order, though the Foundry is easier.

Mini might start peeking into the forums and the other places from time to time to check them out as we move along.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The search box was nearly unclickable where it was because it was mostly covered by another invisible display element. No one reported it so maybe we got away with no one being inconvenienced. It's been moved to a better place out of the header and into the breadcrumb bar.

I'm watching for a link bar extension to add Your/New/Unread/Unanswered/Active Posts in one click instead of two clicks with "Quick links" - an ironic name.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I never thought to try the Search box.

I don't think you'll find an "extension" for the link bar - the way those links are presented are part of the style template, not the phpBB core, so not something that I'd expect an extension to be able to control the layout for.
Mac_Fife
admin
Site Admin

Re: Forum Updates

Post by admin »

The forums have been updated to phpBB version 3.1.4, a maintenance and security release.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

charura wrote:Thank you. I never would have tried that. :roll:
You're not alone. Coincidentally, a few days ago, the BBC did an article on the usefulness or otherwise of the "hamburger icon": http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31602745
Mac_Fife
Mac_Fife

Re: Forum Updates

Post by Mac_Fife »

Did I mention that I really detest the "Quick Links" menu (aka the "Completely unnecessary additional click" menu). I know it's part of the stock phpBB ProSilver layout, but it sucks.
Mac_Fife

Return to “Forums (phpBB)”