Forum Cleanup

Forum Resource Management & Use (Policy, How To Post)

Moderators: OpenUru.org Moderators, Domain Managers

JWPlatt

Re: Forum Cleanup

Post by JWPlatt »

Hey, there is something new there: an old global announcement thread with a new title in a new forum. Close enough for phpBB.
Perfect speed is being there.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

It's a good point though that it says zero topics and zero posts :? - might lead people to think that there's nothing there. May be something to check out on phpBB's JIRA. I'm guessing that the forum section it was moved from will now be overstating it's contents by one.

The "New" icon, is behaviour that was present in phpBB2: If you moved a thread into a different section it would suddenly be marked as if it had new content, when it's really only the location that's new.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

How's that, better?

Geez, it figures a programmer and an engineer would be perturbed by, or even notice, zeros in the forum post count. :P

I think the same people who don't see the global announcement at the top of every single forum would be the same people who don't notice the zeros in the post count in the big, honking notice now at the top of the main index. :lol:
Perfect speed is being there.
Trekluver

Post by Trekluver »

JWPlatt wrote:I think the same people who don't see the global announcement at the top of every single forum would be the same people who don't notice the zeros in the post count in the big, honking notice now at the top of the main index. :lol:
Hehe. Looks good now JW; I like it. :D
TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image
ghaelen

Post by ghaelen »

JWPlatt wrote:How's that, better?

I think the same people who don't see the global announcement at the top of every single forum would be the same people who don't notice the zeros in the post count in the big, honking notice now at the top of the main index. :lol:
Yes, better! Of course if you really want to

a. Irritate yourself to no end

or

b.find out just how little people will look at that big, honkin' HOW TO DO WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING TO DO RIGHT HERE! sign,

then,

c. increase the font size of the forum and post title and change the color to maroon or orange.

(I didn't say red, because I have visions of some poor soul asking how to post or reply and a dozen responses in a row with a big honkin' link to the blaring red title. Red... well, we all know what the color red means... But, it ought to have some redness in it.)
".... those things that are conceived in compassion are going to work....
.... those things that are conceived in unity are going to work...."

~Ancient Healer (maybe D'ni)

Moula3.2 KI #64299
OU Minkata KI #1504

Return to “Forums (phpBB)”