URU's new official symbol?

Community, Project, and Forum Suggestions

Moderator: OpenUru.org Moderators

Jamey

URU's new official symbol?

Post by Jamey »

Cross post from: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17123

Hi all,

I was toying around in Photoshop and came up with a really neat symbol that I think would work out AWESOME for this rebirth of URU not only because I think it looks nice, but because it has a deep meaning behind it. Take a look at this:

Doesn't look like it has too much deep meaning at first, but in truth there is a very deep meaning put into it, Think of it this way:

You notice the first wave on the top right? Think of that wave representing Uru Live (Ubisoft)

We began on the left side of the wave.

As time went by, things got better for the community, so the wave goes up, then when Ubisoft announces that Uru will be discontinued, the line goes back down and down until, it stops/shuts down. Think of the end of the line symbolized as a shut down.

Now, go to line 2. This represents MOUL. It started out good as usual, with all the episodes and such, so the line goes up again. But after season one was over, people began to drift away, so the line, goes down (think of it as the amount of interest and investment at the time going down). Then, it stops going down; this is when we get the announcement MOUL is shutting down. Now where does the line go? Back up to the same point the end of the Ubisoft line went to; a shutdown. But because the line passes the original shutdown point, that represents that it was a harder blow to the community.

Now the third line, represents URU (Open Source). It is something completely new and completely different, So the line is skewing off, in an entirely new direction, into unknown territory :) It also goes up, to where the start of Ubisoft began, representing a new beginning... :D

Well? Do you all like this?

Cyan? What about you? :)
75th Trombone

Re: URU's new official symbol?

Post by 75th Trombone »

What?
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I tried, on purpose, to "get it" without reading the explanation first. I could almsot see an allusion to the word "URU" in there, but decided I needed to refer to the words, 'coz I'm not good at these abstract image things ;) Yeah, I follow the explanation. Maybe the fact that the timelines overlap makes it harder to understand.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike it; it's simple and as you point out has an deep underlying meaning. I just wonder how many people will be able to relate to it without knowing the story (but does that even really matter?).
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
realXCV

Post by realXCV »

Mac_Fife wrote:I just wonder how many people will be able to relate to it without knowing the story (but does that even really matter?).
Not me. At least, not without reading the explaination.

Even then, the logo doesn't seem to take Until Uru into account unless its line is integrated with the MOUL line.

Return to “Suggestions”