Then I read the brief on the previous page.
I then came up with this.admin wrote:I'm thinking something simple with curvey latters, two colors, and a place to integrate words for site locations such as "Forums," "Wiki," etc. - the way you did with "Forums."
But for now, it is the policy of this site to not use any Cyan Worlds assets (artwork, etc) in its look and feel unless and until it applies for and receives license to use them. So while I'd really appreciate a good logo right now, our logo will not use any Cyan Worlds images. Sorry!JWPlatt wrote:Generally, any logo should follow these rules:
- Be within 16:9 (w:h) ratio, no wider, but no taller than square
- Two color, as if using for less expensive letterhead
- Incorporate transparent background for use on various domain pages - forums, wiki, bug tracker, project management, etc
- Should appear equally well on black or white background, or most any background except the two colors used
- OpenURU.org should appear as it is written, including the ".org", without breaking it up.
- Leave an integrated space for domain page location: i.e. "Forums", "Wiki", "Bugs", but such that its omission for a pure logo would not look odd.
Not sure on the colours but you get the idea. I know the shadow gets lost on a black background (I checked) but to my eyes it still looks ok.
I am still in draft mode and haven't spent much time on it. As I said before I am learning but by doing I even learn more. Even if I create a spark for the final logo, I will be happy.