CMS Live project manager's portal for developer use

Community, Project, and Forum Suggestions

Moderator: OpenUru.org Moderators

Ned

CMS Live project manager's portal for developer use

Post by Ned »

I know this post should be on another board...but Ill post here as this converstion lends itself to my offer.

As a show of good faith in the interests of the code release I offer to this community a CMS Live project manager's portal for developer use.

I had set this up the other day for my team specifically to tackle the URU code when it comes to be.

The portal can handle file management, people management, and so on.

If a meeting place perhaps away from the typical URU traffic is needed for developing purposes then this portal could be a wise choice.
A place for the devs to do what they do and then a thread could venture out to the guilds for the development of shards, models, and lesser scripting.

The portal comes packed with internal project forum, chat, time management system, project dev tools and more, tis a nice system to say the least.

Login page found here.

All I'd ask is that someone trusted by the main group be assigned to manage the portal, at which I can assign them admin privileges from there and hand it over to this group.

I'll leave it open for discussion.

* Mod Note: Post split and moved from Open Source project thread because it is a resource proposal.
Last edited by admin on Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: split to move under new title
Who ever said there was no money in Indie Developer Companies should be shot.
admin
Site Admin

Re: CMS Live project manager's portal for developer use

Post by admin »

Please be aware that the domain in the link above attempts to load an ActiveX control and causes an unexplained, momentary appearance of an Acrobat or Adobe splash screen. It's possible this was a Flash install attempt. The corporate contact addresses are on the gmail.com domain instead of the domain itself. The source of this proposal should, therefore, be well-vetted, and some explanation and more detail should be forthcoming before such a proposal should be considered. OpenURU.org welcomes all contributors, is eager to help the open source project, and does not mean to question the validity of any offers, but it is hoped the need for prudent background checks and caution will be understood by contributors.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

I'll add that PHProjekt (the tool in Ned's link) is another tool in the same vein as dotProject and ]Project Open[ that we were discussing in the OpenURU.org Tools thread.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Although we are not looking to decentralize the forums here, we are evaluating such resources as project and content management systems. Mac_Fife has directed us to the proper thread for resource and tool discussions and I recommend putting PHProjekt into the mix. Plus, other resource and tool ideas of benefit would be great.

The end result, with whatever resource we choose, would be an installation on this domain for everyone to use freely. This resource, if it becomes well used, should probably keep its data on the OpenURU.org server so that we do not have a dependent risk of losing the work. Rarified has set up test systems for us before to use for evaluations like this, so that might be a good start if you can offer your resource as a testbed. We can also use people who have experience in managing such a resource. Are you available if PHProjekt were chosen?
Perfect speed is being there.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

@Ned: All I get is a login page - if you have set up a demo login, then it'd help if you told people what it was :lol:
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
Ned

Post by Ned »

Flash / Java Yes...tis a flash / Java login script
Gmail again yes...all of my company accounts are secured there.

For the benefit of showing all of my email accounts for confirmation I'll post one of my links here: http://nihao3d.com/contact.html
My project to be launched soon at the '09 GDC is NiHao3d = Ned.
Please dont go in and hard core test my game lol...last additions are still going in and there are many bugs still being fixed.
As I said before its live but not quite ready :)

Why a free email server....Safer than most. if I am to recieve email from any number of mail servers gmail will accept where others wont, and....until I have my own god sized email server with 200 people managing it...gmail it is.

Setup a demo...I was actually just thinking that that would be a good idea...so will do later today and post the details here once setup.

Not a flash install no....there are php powered flash and Java elements within phpProjekt.
Chat, forums, and login....

Flash / Java provide a new security layer as opposed to dynamic pages.

As for the unsigned Active X...I am still in the setting up mode for my own certificates server wide...
this will be finalised within a month one expects.

Active X - I dont think is needed to be installed...I access the portal via Opera...never had the Active X problem
But my Opera is Java / Flash enabled.

Will look into that.
Who ever said there was no money in Indie Developer Companies should be shot.

Return to “Suggestions”