Cleaning Up Instancing

Community, Project, and Forum Suggestions

Moderator: OpenUru.org Moderators

realXCV

Re: Cleaning Up Instancing

Post by realXCV »

Should others who have an instancing proposal create a wiki page too ?
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Yes!!

:)

This is a project site, after all. We're not Just Another Forum.

Just make it well-written, comprehensive, and a significant enough departure from others to make it a worthwhile alternative to consider. That might be the trick. ;)

As a matter of courtesy, if you have a minor alternative, at least for now you might consider contacting the author of the main concept and asking them to insert a link to your related page at a relevant place in theirs. They might enjoy the expansion of thought upon their own ideas.
Perfect speed is being there.
Marten

Post by Marten »

I've titled the page "Instancing:Bookmarks" as a model for others to name their own Instancing proposals.

So you could build a hierarchy like this:

Project Proposals
-- Instancing
----- Instancing: Bookmarks
----- Instancing: Proposal2
-- Great Shaft
----- Great Shaft: Proposal1
----- Great Shaft: Proposal2
-- KI Redesign
----- KI Redesign: Proposal
The music is reversible, but time is not.
Grogyan

Post by Grogyan »

Marten wrote:I'm still writing up my instancing ideas. I'm making suggested changes and resolving oversights as I work through it - I decided to keep the privacy tabs in Relto after all, but make them work in a better way.

The work in progress is on the wiki. Please don't edit it - I'm still working on it.
http://wiki.openuru.org/index.php?title ... :Bookmarks
How would anyone feel if they write up their own seperate page in the wiki to sketch out their ideas for instancing as well?

I'd like to have somewhere permanent enough to place my ideas for instancing, KI and Nexus, and i''m sure there are others that want to do the same as well.
There are currently I think 4 versions, including mine, of how we are to do this instancing thing

I still feel that my ideas for instancing are perhaps the most robust, probably follow the canon better, than what have been mentioned previously.
Mac_Fife

Post by Mac_Fife »

Grogyan wrote:How would anyone feel if they write up their own seperate page in the wiki to sketch out their ideas for instancing as well?
I think you just asked the same question as realXCV did a few posts back :)

If you do as Marten suggests, by prefixing the page name with "Instancing:" then someone can build up and index page per Marten's outline above.
Mac_Fife
OpenUru.org wiki wrangler
JWPlatt

Post by JWPlatt »

Mac_Fife wrote:
Grogyan wrote:How would anyone feel if they write up their own seperate page in the wiki to sketch out their ideas for instancing as well?
I think you just asked the same question as realXCV did a few posts back :)
That's right. And the answer to the question, "May I use this resource that's just sitting out there waiting to get used?" is always:

"Yes!"

I'm a little puzzled by this kind of hesitation and need for permission. Are we used to not being allowed to do things? ;) Feel free. I'll give you a subdomain for a project website here for goodness sake. :idea:
Perfect speed is being there.
Grogyan

Post by Grogyan »

lol, just being careful not to make tings too co,plicated
realXCV

Post by realXCV »

Grogyan wrote:I still feel that my ideas for instancing are perhaps the most robust, probably follow the canon better, than what have been mentioned previously.
Mine is better. :P
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Don't fight, dears. We love you equally.

;)
Grogyan

Post by Grogyan »

realXCV wrote:
Grogyan wrote:I still feel that my ideas for instancing are perhaps the most robust, probably follow the canon better, than what have been mentioned previously.
Mine is better. :P
Draft it up on a wiki page, so that it becomes easier to find rather than trawling through every page in this thread.

There is lots of ideas on doing this, and makes sense to have a seperate page that out lines the idea

Return to “Suggestions”