Uru-Specific Link Library

Community, Project, and Forum Suggestions

Moderator: OpenUru.org Moderators

Braggi

Uru-Specific Link Library

Post by Braggi »

Would it be possible to collect up a list of Uru-specific links and post them here as a Link Library? I'm thinking of something open-ended and expandable as the community sets up and establishes itself in the open source area.

(If this is something that can wait for the Wiki, that's great!)
JWPlatt

Re: Uru-Specific Link Library

Post by JWPlatt »

Take a look at http://rel.to and tell me if that fits your expectations. As the website says, "Rel.to is a portal to the community in and around Cyan Worlds' adventure and exploration games, the "Myst" and "Uru" series." Or did you have something else in mind?
Perfect speed is being there.
Braggi

Post by Braggi »

Rel.to will definitely do as a launching pad! :)

As we gain new sites that cover different aspects of development and game play, then I assume the site will update and add links and new categories as needed.

Thank you JW - very useful indeed. (And, why reinvent a perfectly good wheel, after all?)
rarified

Post by rarified »

Although I'm hoping in the documentation project to also link to existing content, perhaps in deeper linking than where http://rel.to does now. Mostly on the technical or how-to side.l
Dot

Post by Dot »

Different levels and categories of links makes sense to me at the moment. Rel.to is good as a launchpad for general purposes, then those searching for more specific material -- on the technical side, for example -- would be well served by the suggested documentation project. Of course, rel.to could include top-level links to the main areas of any documentation project.
Marten

Post by Marten »

:)

Rel.to's main purpose is to index the community sites; it includes links for certain "big" resources, but it doesn't attempt to catalog all content at every site. For a more detailed and organized hierarchy of important links, using the OpenURU wiki is probably a better approach. That way, you can link to information at other sites (e.g., dpwr for story ideas and detailed history, mystlore for general background info, maintainers' and writers' wikis for tutorials and technical data) and arrange information in the way that feels most comfortable and logical.

So yeah... Rel.to is just a starting point, and I encourage people to use it to see what resources are present in the community. Then, it's up to you to pick the resources that matter to OpenURU and construct your own directory of relevant content.

(PS: rel.to/feedback will point you to the thread for providing feedback on rel.to - I am a tiny bit behind on responding to feedback, but hope to catch up by the end of this weekend.)
The music is reversible, but time is not.

Return to “Suggestions”