Client: StarLion's KI Overhaul

Community, Project, and Forum Suggestions

Moderator: OpenUru.org Moderators

DarK

Re: Client: StarLion's KI Overhaul

Post by DarK »

Marten wrote:Not a shining example of elegant and intuitive design.
Well no, but DarK should be directly replying to the person who sent it in the first place, while the context of the message maybe at a group of people, DarK only recivies a message from one person, so thats who he replies to.

sadly we can't retrain the rest of the monkeys ;)

Good Call, and I see your point and I agree with you, that it has to be channel based.

Channel names In its simplest form are Age, Hood, and Party/whatever.

Age and Hood been mandatory, Party/whatever been channels that people name and then join to the channel(s) as and when.

Buddies and PM's might be best handled in a totally seperate area from the public chat to avoid confusion, so that players don't expect things in the buddies/PM system to work as in the Public spaces, gives a bit more licence for customising that interface to better suit its job.

Also how many times have you seen people type random things intot he KI that are for PM's? A seperate interface keeps people from themselves ;)

So buddies and Hood Listings will not shown under the KI lists anymore, and are placed away in the BigKI and/or button on the KI used to bring the interface up.

Hood listings are not directly needed, having it on constant display lagged the KI. So it would certainly save on refreshing the list everytime the KI was used, if it was hidden away.

Please excuse bad gramma. spelling, repeation, total randomness, etc, its 5:30am here and I'm suffering with sleep issues :(
Grogyan

Post by Grogyan »

Been a while now since there has been a post, meaning that we finally have an outline of what the New KI could look like and work

Cool bananas
Grogyan

Post by Grogyan »

I'm bumping up this topic as the debate of the KI returns.

Return to “Suggestions”