Where to Begin (The Game)

Community, Project, and Forum Suggestions

Moderator: OpenUru.org Moderators

Nalates

Re: Where to Begin (The Game)

Post by Nalates »

Kenguin is implementing, in MOULagain, an idea new to me.

Open invites to all my ages!

His idea is to create a set of open ages for group play. In this case he is sending invites to Teledahn, Gahreseen, and etc. any that want them. It might be interesting to consider how this would work for those that want to start the game in group play mode.

I'm not sure how well Kadish would work as a multi-player puzzle. It would be a great place for dances and parties. I'm not sure what dancing on the Kadish puzzle floors would do... I'm thinking of lag... but both are great dance locations.

Also there is a definite problem of getting around in Uru. Coming from SL I may be spoiled. Once one has solved the puzzles... having links to all the cloths rather than just the last touched would be very handy.

Whatever the case, for now Kenguin's experiment is interesting.
Nalates
GoW, GoMa and GoA apprentice - Guildmaster GoC - SL = Nalates Urriah
Jadawin12

Post by Jadawin12 »

Maybe I'm a bit crazy but I think it would be great if at the intro you entered this little hole in the wall occult shop. Inside are all kinds of gadgets and as you walk to the front desk you hear a Bahro call and maybe one darting into the shadows. At the desk is old Atrus who says something to the nature of " Oh, another one. About time you got here." digs out a Relto book and presents it. " Here, your going to need this for the Journey in store for you." Then you link to your Relto and it all begins.
Dot

Post by Dot »

JWPlatt wrote (in part) on the MOUL forum:
The model I am interested in with regards to Second Life and Uru is being able to "model" game design. One good application would be to rapidly develop and implement various scenarios for "Lighting the Cavern" or "Descent To D'ni" before actually spending a couple of years on doing it for real in Uru.
In a couple of weeks four OSgrid regions will become available for re-use. They are the equivalent of SL Homestead regions, so have roughly 4000 prims, and are externally hosted by OSgrid admins.

I would like to take up this opportunity and maybe try out some of the ideas suggested in this current thread and associated wiki area. Some of the ideas have already been tried (albeit in a slightly different form) in SL by the Eder d'Uru project. It might be that we can build on those experiences too.

Before going too deeply into this though, there will be some costs associated with it -- far lower than if we were trying this in SL, but they will still need to be shared out. The maximum would therefore be US$30 a month, less if more people are involved.

Anyone interested?

====
[Edit: I should make clear that continuing with the project would depend on having at least one other on the team. If no one gets in touch with me before 7 May 2010 I'll assume that it is a non-starter. Fair enough.]
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

I think this is a great idea that I'd be willing to support as much as I can financially. I would love to see more mileage gotten out of the hard work Jeff and his team put into the projects at Eder D'Uru. I'm not sure who he was working with on the Lake Lighting or how far they'd gotten on it, but I know Dagda built and scripted the puzzle part of the Great Shaft. In any case, Jeff should have copies of everything, so I would suggest you contact him to see if he'd be interested in contributing anything, working on it, or putting you in touch with team members that might be interested.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thanks, Tai'lahr. I replied to your im in SL itself.
Tai'lahr

Post by Tai'lahr »

Just to be clear, Dot. My IM in SL was about possibly getting one of the OSGrid Devokan sims for my personal use. But, for this project, I'd be willing to fund the first month in order to give you the time to set up the project, lay out the basic plan, gather team members, etc., and hopefully generate more financial support.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thanks, Tailahr. In fact, renting a sim for personal use would be the best way of supporting the project.

Several others have expressed interest in taking up a private region, so the project is probably viable from a cost point of view.

An advantage of doing it this way is that individuals are able to pursue their own ideas on separate regions, whether they see it as part of the project or not. It's another example of 'independent cooperation' or 'cooperative independence' (whichever way round it goes). In this case, the cooperation would simply involve consistency and commitment to renting a region, and agreeing to give a month's notice before quitting, if that is acceptable.

Return to “Suggestions”